Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

59 minutes ago, interloper said:

The 2B DP turn is quickly becoming Hyde's TTTP. :)  But I agree. If they're going to replace Odor at 2B, they want it to be a guy who has a strong arm. I think we'll see Gunnar at 2B mostly, with some starts sprinkled in at 3B. That probably changes next year, but who knows. 

Well it appears the veteranosity of Odor was much too strong so Stowers goes to the bench, Henderson to 3B on day one. I don't know why I would look at things logically as long as Odor is on this roster. Honestly at this point I would not be surprised if the Orioles offer Odor a long term extension before the season is over. 

• Haha 2

So, should I expect that the O’s will go undefeated the rest of the season now?

I am excited to watch Gunnar.   It’s one thing to watch video highlights of his successful at bats, which I’ve done numerous times over the last two years; it’s another thing to see the guy playing against live major league competition.   As much attention as I’ve paid to him, I’ll learn more about Gunnar’s game in the next week than I’ve learned in the previous year.   I’m really looking forward to watching him play and getting everyone’s impressions of what they see.   

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Here's hoping he can mash right away.  Looking forward to watching tonight and for the rest of the season.  

I'm assuming this means he's on the OD roster to start 2023, no weird ass rosterbation manipulation right?

That would be tough to do unless Henderson look pitiful.

I'm curious to see how the Orioles use Gunnar now that's he been called up. Will Gunnar primarily play 3B like tonight or will he rotate around the infield. I suspect we will see Gunnar get playing time at every infield position besides catcher this next month. 

Had my hopes on 2B tonight for Gunnar, but Odor still has the birthright for playing 2B.  

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm curious to see how the Orioles use Gunnar now that's he been called up.  

Since it's safe to say he can't cross the 130 AB threshold, I'm hoping he's in the lineup every day in some capacity.  

If they bring him up to sit him more than they're playing him, then this move was stupid.  He has to be able to provide more offense than Odor/Nevin and anyone else.  

• Upvote 1