Mancini ejection?

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Can someone explain to me the play that led up to it?   I'm at work and can't watch/listen.   The play by play descriptions available online don't seem to help me at all to understand what happened.

Trey ran through the base as the off line throw went past the first baseman. He turned in field but made no visble attempt at all to advance.  He walked slowly back to first and was tagged and called out.  Then was barking from dugout I guess the top of the inning and was tossed 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the umpire and Trey are both at fault here.  I saw him turn toward the infield and thought that was not a smart thing to do.  Then walked back toward  1st unconcerned.  And was tagged out.    Very questionable call by the ump because Trey made no move toward 2nd.   Almost like the ump called him out because he could.  Hate it when umpires makes it about themselves.

Hyde got thrown out also.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think the umpire and Trey are both at fault here.  I saw him turn toward the infield and thought that was not a smart thing to do.  Then walked back toward  1st unconcerned.  And was tagged out.    Very questionable call by the ump because Trey made no move toward 2nd.   Almost like the ump called him out because he could.  Hate it when umpires makes it about themselves.

Hyde got thrown out also.

No doubt Mancini shares in the blame.  Good call bad call it's on him to be a professional and not get thrown out over the play.

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

What an insanely bad call. You should be able to challenge that nonsense. 

It's not a call you see often at all but technically it's the correct call.  At the 10 second make Mancini does take a single step toward second while checking to see if the throw got away.

It's not something you should get yourself ejected over.

Mancini made a few mistakes there. Turning towards 2nd and he did give it and the ball a glance. Seemed like he was gauging whether to go or not.  Then strolling back to the bag after deciding not to. He should definitely be thinking worse case scenario there. 

• Upvote 1

Mancini ran past bag, turned head to right, seen ball and catcher, pulled up in sort of two footed hop "stop" then turned left and walked back to bag. You watch Ump, he immediately looks to make out call on tag, he was looking to make that call.

He made no step or turn to advance.  BS call by umpire .. 

And the archaic ability of field umpires to eject players needs to go.  Mic the umps and the transmission and call can be reviewed off site and if a disciplinary action is needed they can make that determination.   But the testosterone fueled, my way or the highway, arbitrary ejection of players is just something from the past that needs to go.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

He made no step or turn to advance.  BS call by umpire .. 

And the archaic ability of field umpires to eject players needs to go.  Mic the umps and the transmission and call can be reviewed off site and if a disciplinary action is needed they can make that determination.   But the testosterone fueled, my way or the highway, arbitrary ejection of players is just something from the past that needs to go.  

It's the Umps job to run the game, if a player is stopping that from happening they should have the power to remove them.

Of course they should not abuse that power.

The way some players act toward umps would never be allowed in the general workforce.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1