ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Peter Gammons at one time would break a story but in the last few years he has faded since his health problems. He is out of the loop when it comes to rumors. He will be talking about the Orioles a lot this year after we add Teixeira and two starting pitchers. Bay helped them with a nice beginning at Fenway but he is not Manny. If Lowell fades and has more health issues and Ortiz slips a little like he did last year the Boston offense could be a little suspect especially in the power department. The Orioles are coming back...get ready.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not what he said at all. he said he really thinks "Peter Angelos is DIS-inclined to make Tex the face of the O's franchise."

I think we can all agree that is a farce. Gammons did say the Nationals DO WANT him to be the face of their franchise however.

I just went back and listened again, and you are correct... silly Gammons!

I'm going to be preparing an economy-sized plate of crow to be shipped to ESPN offices when Tex signs with us.

Anybody know how Gammons and Olney like their crow prepared?

On a side note, I've lost so much respect for Peter Gammons throughout this whole ordeal. He acts as if the Orioles don't exist for the longest time. Then he basically calls his colleague Karl Ravech a liar by saying that Angelos is disinclined to make Tex the face of our franchise.

Gammons threw the O's in at the end and said that he feels that the O's are in it cause Angelos feels obligated, or something.

Whatever.

Man what news report were you guys watching? No wonder rumors start flying around here the way simple news reports get mis-written or interpreted. When a news report is on, STOP posting, LISTEN, to what is being said.. take it in along with a deep breath, and THEN post.

No offense Moose as I copied your link- this was just like the 3rd or 4th post that seemed to either NOT WAIT for Gammons to mention the O's before saying he didn't, or misquoting what was said.

You must have missed Belkast saying that its close and today looks to be the day?

How much more confident do you want him to be?

I'm optimistic, but I am tempering my optimism. Considering 11 years of disappointment, I want to be prepared mentally for either outcome.

He will be talking about the Orioles a lot this year after we add Teixeira and two starting pitchers. Bay helped them with a nice beginning at Fenway but he is not Manny. If Lowell fades and has more health issues and Ortiz slips a little like he did last year the Boston offense could be a little suspect especially in the power department. The Orioles are coming back...get ready.

Ok, let's not get crazy here. Look at Jason Bay's career stats, less 2007 because he was injured and you will see that he is a very productive MLB OF. No he isn't Manny but, really, no one is.

The Sox offense will be fine even if the don't sigh Tex. Pedroia, Youk, Bay, Ortiz, Drew, Lowell, Ellsbury...yeah I think we will somehow limp along.

That, plus our pitching staff is pretty good :P

Archived