ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Red Sux do not need Tex. The Sux can go out and trade for anybody or get anybody to sign. They have excess talent to trade and it's not like anybody doesn't want to play for the Sux. They have many options to improve that ballclub other than Mark Teixeira.

Tex is the best option for the Orioles to get an impact bat unless we want to signifcantly overpay for lesser talent or trade away our top young arms for bats.

True, but why trade when they have the money to sign whoever they want. They haven't signed anyone big this year, so Tex to the RSox makes more sense than Tex to us.:(

The league could be catching up to Dice-K... Beckett is getting older, and definitely wasn't the dominating pitcher last year as he was in season's past... and Wakefield, seriously- he can only go so much longer...

JOn Lester is a stud, and Buchholz could be soon... With your age at certain position and in SP, I really don't see the guaranteed success so many claim. I think you guys need Tex a LOT more than anyone will admit.

Beckett will be 29. Masuzaka went 18-3 with a sub-3.00 ERA. Really? C'mon. Not to mention the fact that they have a fantastic farm system.

The lack of any type of leak about the orioles end in the Tex negotiations bothers me. I know AM keeps his house water tight but if we are in an endgame why isn't Boras leaking the monster offer in the media and hope someone else panics?

Could it be that the O's offer is so sweet that he doesn't want it public so the other bidders just won't drop out?

Only Boras knows.....

Archived