ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sounds good, but I'll say opt out after 6 years if the average season is worth that much.

It will be interesting to see what clauses are in this contract if indeed one was signed. Any opt outs would have to some how be tied in with contention status. An open check to opt out would be scary- because I'd have to imagine it would come at least a year or 2 earlier than 6.

It will be interesting to see what clauses are in this contract if indeed one was signed. Any opt outs would have to some how be tied in with contention status. An open check to opt out would be scary- because I'd have to imagine it would come at least a year or 2 earlier than 6.

It's just hard to imagine Tex having much room to bargain when he is getting 24 million a year over at least 8.

Yeah, I really appreciate the updates if they're true, but it's hard to tell as there have been so many conflicting reports.

Gammons doesn't mention the Orioles while Ravech says that Tex is leaning toward them. I don't know what to think at this point.

Yeah... makes you wonder if ESPN doesn't give their guys roles... storylines to pursue. "Gammons, you're on Sox and Nats. Ravech, you play up the Baltimore scenario. Kruk, shut up and keep acting stupid."

Yeah... makes you wonder if ESPN doesn't give their guys roles... storylines to pursue. "Gammons, you're on Sox and Nats. Ravech, you play up the Baltimore scenario. Kruk, shut up and keep acting stupid."

I think it may have more to do with the fact that Gammons just can imagine Teixeira chosing Baltimore over Boston.

Of course, Boras may be feeding different people different info to try to drive up the price.

I'll add my name to the list of birthday boys. Tomorrow's the day but I've always accepted early presents. :)

This work thing really interferes with life. Won't be able to check back until 5 or 6p. :(

By then there will be a mammoth thread to wade through with good info, movie quotes, arguments, side conversations, questions about insider info, perhaps a newbie misbehaving, reminders from mods, rampant mood swings, pleas for happy pills from Belkast, Wedge and Moose with some excellent wisecracks, wit from Lucky Jim, etc etc. And I'll gladly read it all.

Guys, I have to tell you, either your insiders have one hell of a scoop here or I would seriously question their sources in the future.

No other outlet...not one media outlet that I can find, has this. No one is reporting that the Orioles are close to nailing down Teixeira. If it turns out to be accurate, and I have no way of knowing either way, I will be impressed.

EDIT - It should be noted that the Red Sox are signaling that they aren't willing to go ten years on the contract. If true, that might lend credence to your insiders reports as Boras is clearly trying to get SOME team to give them ten years. It's possible that this is the centerpiece of ongoing discussions with the O's.

Archived