ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to know if he has signed yet or not, I want my husband back!! :pray:

I am trying to get the 411 for him right now so he can get a shower.

No way to know for sure.

Sorry, we'll have to keep him for a little while longer. :D

Per Olney:

Unless Mark Teixeira is willing to give the Orioles a major hometown discount, it does not appear he will be playing in Baltimore.

The Orioles have stood by their initial offer and have not upgraded it, and sources say that the other teams involved in the bidding -- the Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Angels and Washington Nationals -- have gone beyond Baltimore's proposal for the slugging first baseman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3775042

1st story on the ESPN news feed on the side, sounds like more of the same..

I'm pretty negative about our chances, but I do find it interesting that we've gone from possible leaders to the bottom of barrel within 24 hours or so.

There have been conflicting reports in the media as well as from our insiders on this mess from day one.

Olney has been ultra-negative from the beginning and it depends where he is getting his information as well.

There have been conflicting reports in the media as well as from our insiders on this mess from day one.

Olney has been ultra-negative from the beginning and it depends where he is getting his information as well.

Buster's been anti-Orioles all during the Tex chase, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Orioles leak false information to spite him...

Buster's been anti-Orioles all during the Tex chase, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Orioles leak false information to spite him...

I don't know if it'd just be to spite him. But I doubt that's the correct information. I seriously doubt, especially with Angelos handeling the negotiations, that we have only made one lowball offer and will not upgrade it at all.

One of two things is going on, the warehouse is being so quiet that no outside news outlets can rip anything away from them so they are assuming we have only made the one offer and are behind by alot. Or Angelos is taking the propaganda technique by releasing false information unpurpose to keep teams from offering any more then us.

Archived