2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

59 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did Aguilar insult your sister or something?   He got a career 107 OPS+, was at 111 last year.  He was having an off year before we picked him up, but he’s capable of getting hot and contributing down the stretch.  Maybe the O’s coaches feel they can get him on track.   

Same with Brett Phillips, right? I hope they don't give Aguilar 17 AB to prove that yes in fact he stinks. Fact is, he should not in a the lineup of a playoff contending team. He was cut by a team 20 games under .500.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LA2 said:

All this panicking and condemnation of Hyde over the lineup before taking the time to look up such simple stats as career and season splits vs. LHP and recent slumps--it's very disappointing to see and very unlike the ethos of the 2022 Baltimore Orioles. I haven't used the Ignore button a single time this season, unlike previous ones, but I see it's likely that I'll have to soon if this keeps up. Respect the team.

OH NO! PLEASE NOT THE IGNORE BUTTON!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Same with Brett Phillips, right? I hope they don't give Aguilar 17 AB to prove that yes in fact he stinks. Fact is, he should not in a the lineup of a playoff contending team. He was cut by a team 20 games under .500.

What makes Vavra and Stowers such great MLB hitters? 

When it is all said and done the Stowers HR may be the biggest hit of the year. That’s said he is strikeout prone and Vavra is scuffling. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

What makes Vavra and Stowers such great MLB hitters? 

When it is all said and done the Stowers HR may be the biggest hit of the year. That’s said he is strikeout prone and Vavra is scuffling. 

We'll never know if they don't get the oppotunity to show us.

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

They should get the opportunity in situations where they will do the best, not vs a tough LHP.   There have been other games I would have liked to have seen Stowers in the lineup and he wasn't.   Tonight isn't one of them.

6 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Remember when Nate McLouth was 8-for-57 (.140) for the sub-.500 Pirates, the Orioles picked him up, he turned it around and was one of the keys to the '12 playoff run?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

They are trying to get to the playoffs. This isn’t dress rehearsal time. They are doing what they think gives them the best chance to win. They may be wrong but that is what they are doing.