The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

Im not sure what is happening like everyone else, but I would like to make the observation that none of our insiders are saying anything, which usually comes when things are coming down to the end.

I could easily see the FO telling everyone to stop giving info out to people because our board being so excited may be driving the price up. And then a report is told to Buster Olney that we are out to calm everyone down.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also find it interesting that you are hearing nothing from Boras.

I think we are hearing from Boras quite a bit but he has in this case, his puppets on the string Olney, Gammons, Ravech etc. doing his bidding. Negotiating through the press is what he does. Ravech's report yesterday quoting Tex's strong attraction to the Orioles and the figures 23 to 28 million a year, screamed Boras to me.

Personally I'm not all that high on signing Teixiera but if he signs elsewhere and it's confirmed the Orioles were outbid, that will be the worst PR hit this club has probably ever taken. And that's saying something when you think about the PR hits they've taken over the last 10 years or so. I think even some of the hard core fans will start to fall away then.

Im not sure what is happening like everyone else' date=' but I would like to make the observation that none of our insiders are saying anything, which usually comes when things are coming down to the end.

I could easily see the FO telling everyone to stop giving info out to people because our board being so excited may be driving the price up. And then a report is told to Buster Olney that we are out to calm everyone down.[/quote']

I just don't think we are that important

Man, if the Japanese had you writing their code they never would have lost the war. :scratchchinhmm:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I apologize for that mascot, or whatever it is...but that was a cleaner version

The m&m plant is coming to Baltimore. It is not true. But I took the time to post it, so I am doing this as a favor.

Those guys are no more insiders then my cocker spaniel.

I mean, how do you vett them? lol.:)

I like peanut M&M's! God Bless you, Frank.:)

You all beleive guys who are just sitting there making stuff up. Angelossss is the worst owner in pro sports. The O's are being laughed at all across the Nation. They are not even mentioned for the first week of the discussion until at last they have to acknowledge that they made an offer. Olney now reports that the O's are substancially less than the other teams.

How does this make everyone feel? After 11 losing seasons, 25 really, minus 96,97. And keeping a light payroll for a decade, they care nothing about what their fans want.

If ANYONE, spends a penny on an O's game, you should have your head examined first.

"Insiders". They are the only 2 people on the planet that say the O's are in this. And everyone is jumping for joy.:scratchchinhmm:

A couple things in response. Normally a punch to the face would feel appropriate,....

- I wouldnt say the O's payroll has been exactly "light" throughout the past decade

- The comment about going to an O's game is pretty intelligent, I mean why would a fan of a team want to spend an evening at the yard watching a game?

craziness!! :eek:

Have fun with your Cockerspaniel :)

What, is it 1938 Berlin? Are the Oriole Hangout gods gonna strike me down for having the audacity to doubt these rumors when they are working with total anonymity?

I mean you can either trust the mods judgment on their sources or you can go somewhere else for you info.

Archived