The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not totally against a cap either, but I agree. Teams like the Royals are struggling to pay 30 million or whatever. Having a cap isn't gonna help them.

That's a great one. No sense to at least stop the problem from escalating. The revenue sharing that is in place is rediculous. Do you think the Yanks care if they send a few million around the league?? If a team in any division is beyond the given parameters, they should have to give the monies to teams in the division. At least you make be in playoff contention with your division. The Yanks/Red Sox would not be happy sending 15 million to the Jays, O's and Rays.

First of all, how do you know the $184m figure is inaccurate? Secondly, if the Red Sox tell Boras that their offer is off the table tonight, it may not be his call. Yes, he could let the Sox walk away but that may not be an acceptable option to Teixeira.

The Yankees used this very strategy with Johnny Damon. They flew into meet him and made a substantial offer and told him the deal was off the table once they left. Cashman then excused himself from the room so Damon could discuss with his people. He decided that the offer was good enough that he couldn't risk having it revoked.

That could be what's at play here as well.

First of all can you tell me of one time when a "reported offer" was what the player actually signed for?

Second - You not going to play that type of game with boris

7:55pm: Dan Roche of WBZTV also confirms the meeting. He suggests an eight-year Red Sox offer in the $180MM range, but hears that Boston doesn't expect anything "conclusive" tonight.

Got this from a Red Sox board...

Makes me feel better that there will be no official announcement tonight and it seems like there will be a chance to equal or exceed the Boston Offer...

I can probably also guarantee if Tex doesn't let Angelos beat the offer, Angelos is going to have a vendetta against Tex and Boston as well.

Tex to Boston could institute some changes on how Sux fans are allowed to invade OPACY...

Doubt it. Why would he not take their money? This is a business for him.

Guest BrettMeister86

Oh no they're there, the problem is the Yankees just bought 252 million dollars worth of pitching that they'll have to face.

First of all, how do you know the $184m figure is inaccurate? Secondly, if the Red Sox tell Boras that their offer is off the table tonight, it may not be his call. Yes, he could let the Sox walk away but that may not be an acceptable option to Teixeira.

The Yankees used this very strategy with Johnny Damon. They flew into meet him and made a substantial offer and told him the deal was off the table once they left. Cashman then excused himself from the room so Damon could discuss with his people. He decided that the offer was good enough that he couldn't risk having it revoked.

That could be what's at play here as well.

Dude ...Boras knows he has 5 bidders...At take it or leave offer from the Sox????

Tex could easliy walk away ...Stating the pressure close ...Past bad experiences

with the Red Sucks! previous ownerships...He can get plenty of money from the 4 remaining teams.

I can probably also guarantee if Tex doesn't let Angelos beat the offer, Angelos is going to have a vendetta against Tex and Boston as well.

Tex to Boston could institute some changes on how Sux fans are allowed to invade OPACY...

Get real:rolleyes:

Explain how he spurned the orioles?

By not taking the much smaller offer to play for a losing franchise.

And he should base the biggest decision of his life on how the populus of Severna Park may think of him.

Really Jtrea

Really.

This is over the top.

Whats going to happen to his family?

NOTHING like it should. Because Tex signs in Boston you wouldnt want to be his family.

You need to step away from the keyboard and stop posting this nonsense.

I agree with you. I am a diehard Orioles fan, have been for 20 years, and I read this board on a consistent basis, especially during the offseason. But, wow, it amazes me how wrapped up some people on this board get in all of this. Like a crazy obsession, it can't be healthy...

Archived