The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were Nick, I would want to see the organization make a statement that they have turned the corner and are ready to win.

That makes you feel pretty bad about your team. That a player like Kakes who is just about the face of the franchise, who is a huge fan favorite, has already decided he wants out. Every franchise in every sport should always be "ready" to win right? I guess not.

What is to keep AJ and Weiters from wanting out eventually too. We might as well use the talent we have coming up, develop them and turn them into legit ML talent, and turn them all around into 3 or 4 or 5 top prospects each, thus building an entire team. Its a rebuilding process two fold...

In that case...all of baltimore will need :grouphug:

The only results that I think Nick is waiting on before he signs is a bigger number.

Roberts was on Scott and Anita's show yesterday and said that when the rumor came out about Tex being at the Ravens game, Nick texted him to tell him about it. Signing/not signing Tex will play a huge factor in whether Roberts or Markakis sign, IMO.

Would signing just one player do that for him? I would think we would need Tex to be the tip of the iceberg to convince him of that.

If we don't sign Tex, we trade Roberts, which is basically RBIs for Nick. So then Nick wouldn't have any protection nor anybody to drive in.

So why should he stick around then?

Please read the thread before you post old news.

Well, if he read this thread, it might not be here. It's probably in Teixeira Watch II or III or IV.... We've had over 1200 posts on a day in which absolutely nothing has happened, unless you count Treanor to the Tigers and Quiroz to Norfolk. Crazy.

Archived