The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Wayne H. and Peter A. have proven that you can operate a crappy baseball team and still make over a hundred million a year on it. You don't have to win to make profit.

Angelos is geographically blessed. Between MASN's forced subscription revenue and the O's getting attendance boosts from visiting AL East fans, Angelos has managed to find the two businesses in Baltimore that you can put out a terrible product for and still make bank. Kudos to him.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I completely agree with this. However they are the ones with the actual numbers and I guess I trust AM to determine if Tex's price tag is worth it. I guess my point of contention was the notion that our offer was cheap.

To me our offer may have been the lowest intentionally.

If AM put up the minimum ante to get into the game and then he's going to drop the bombshell at the end and win this thing I will give him all the credit in the world. If it turns out that was our best offer, I will question the sanity/intelligence of our FO.

If AM put up the minimum ante to get into the game and then he's going to drop the bombshell at the end and win this thing I will give him all the credit in the world. If it turns out that was our best offer, I will question the sanity/intelligence of our FO.

Based on his comments yesterday I think that it isn't our best offer. I think he wants Boras to come back to him and I guarantee he will but it is smart for AM to not be the highest bidder. That would have been the Syd Thrift's approach well that or bid 3 yr $15mm and then complain about conferderate money.

Exactly. AM is very smart, and I believe that if we weren't in it anymore, then he would be off filling other holes for this club. We would be hearing about trades for Brian Roberts (or extension talks for BRob and Nick) and bringing in SP's to sign, but because there is no real news on this, it leads me to believe he is focused on Tex and we are very much in this.

If it comes out that we had the lowest offer and aren't willing to up it, then I would question why were weren't using our time wisely.

Bigbird said things are on real lockdown their.

I did not realize that bigbird was referring to today, i took it to mean that its been on lockdown since McPhail was hired. If they are being extra secretive today, that could be indicative of something brewing?

I did not realize that bigbird was referring to today, i took it to mean that its been on lockdown since McPhail was hired. If they are being extra secretive today, that could be indicative of something brewing?

I was thinking the same thing. If the lockdown is TODAY, well then, maybe I should start going back up the hill on my emotianl roller coaster ride! :scratchchinhmm:

The first guy that will know what's up outside of the FO and Boras/Tex will be the bartender at the Camden Club.

Archived