Saturday afternoon: Zimmerman takes on the Tigers

SteveA

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

With McKenna, Bemboom, and Owings in the lineup, no Mountcastle, Hays, Mateo or Rutschman, you might as well admit you’re trying to lose.  Why not Diaz instead of McKenna?  How long do we have to put up with Bemboom?

Diaz is...brace yourself...hurt.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I would think that a fringe guy would be busting it 24/7.

I agree. I just don't think it's in his DNA. I noted in several of his prospect reports about how he was benched for lackadaisicle plays. I think when he's focued he can be good on defense, but he just seems to be a guy who struggles to find that focus despite his skills in the field. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I agree. I just don't think it's in his DNA. I noted in several of his prospect reports about how he was benched for lackadaisicle plays. I think when he's focued he can be good on defense, but he just seems to be a guy who struggles to find that focus despite his skills in the field. 

So he's like Manny without most of the talent?

I actually haven't heard anything about Manny taking plays off this year.

Pineda was probably pissed because it's not often you get to face a mostly AAA lineup like the Orioles running out there right now.

I'm sorry, but this lack of depth 4 years into this is on Elias. Can't be running the Owings, McKenna, and Nevin's of the world out there like they are consistent major league players. They are all fringe AAAA guys. Yet here they are starting in May.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Pineda was probably pissed because it's not often you get to face a mostly AAA lineup like the Orioles running out there right now.

I'm sorry, but this lack of depth 4 years into this is on Elias. Can't be running the Owings, McKenna, and Nevin's of the world out there like they are consistent major league players. They are all fringe AAAA guys. Yet here they are starting in May.

It doesn't look like someone drawing from a top rated farm system.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

For a guy who is up here for his speed and defense, his defense has been suspect this year.

Haven’t the Orioles seen enough of McKenna at the MLB level to know that he isn’t good enough to cut it? I mean, how much time does the guy get realistically?