Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

What are you basing this on?? Before this past season many of us would have put Bedard on this list and now he is no where to be found? All these knee jerk reactions are a bit much. Burnett has GREAT stuff' date=' i'm not sure where he ranks on the list of best pitchers but please don't act like your the know all and be all of great pitchers. It changes every year (Cliff Lee was in the minors this time last year by they way).[/quote']

So was David Price. Burnett has only pitched more than 27 Games three times in his 10 year career, two of the times came during his walk year of free agency. AJ has averaged 138 IP per season over, while Sheets has averaged 178. Ben Sheets is an ace when healthy, I just do not see an ace in AJ Burnett, healthy or not.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still going to go with sucks face... why? Because i'm tired of an annoying gnats fan lurking around pissing people off.

Seriously, he's a gnats fan. There are a lot of fans from other teams that can talk trash to the O's faithful. However, gnats fans are not one of the aforementioned fans that can do so. To be honest, most casual baseball fans don't even know DC has a team. They just wonder what happened to the Expos when they look at the standings. :laughlol:

Sabathia

Holladay

Matsuzaka

Felix Hernandez

Zach Greinke

Ervin Santana

James Sheilds

David Price

John Danks

Jon Lester

Cliff Lee

Here is 11 AL guys I would rank a head of Burnett in 2009.

FYP for clarity. Allstars next year.

I agree the bolds are better. I am surprised John Lackey is not listed, I would bold him.

I think Burnett is very similar to Dice-K and Greinke.

AJ I think is better than Danks (HRs will come back up in that Park), but Danks certainly pitched well in 08 and is not too far behind AJ.

Santana is tricky because of inconsistency but maybe a little behind AJ.

I have no idea on Price, although he certainly has the potential to be better.

I don't doubt your knowledge for one second, I believe most members of the hangout are well versed. I just believe coming out and telling someone they are "just wrong" is a bit harsh, that's all. Didn't mean any harm by my post. :D

Cool, I was just disagreeing with something, no harm in having a debate. It really doesn't have anything to do with this thread, though, so I will leave it at that. Sorry for coming off a little brash.

Stan Kasten.

If it doesn't make sense for the Orioles to sign Teixeira to that kind of deal, then it REALLY does not make sense for the Nats to do it. You guys could sign two above average players for that kind of money. Think Ben Sheets and Adam Dunn. I just do not know how the Nationals will do long term in Washington, D.C. I can see that team being moved down the road to be honest.

It's not Baltimore's fault Washington's never supported baseball.

Correction, Washingtons teams stunk. This is a tired and long argument. You haven't a clue. Washington supports its team fine if they win. What's the Orioles excuse right now. Let me guess. Your not winning. It kind of goes hand in hand.

Archived