Moves I’d like to see this weekend

connja

In terms of a Tuesday turn matching up with Norfolk's rotation, a double batch of guys would be on 4 days rest as they had a Thursday doubleheader after a Wednesday rainout.

4 days rest - DL Hall started Thursday, and both Baumann and Logan Allen relieved one of the games, and Lowther and Kevin Smith covered the other game.

6 days rest - Kremer started.

Lowther provided the most length of anyone in that group, Kremer perhaps the hottest, Hall obviously the unattainable best, though if he got an opener gig and MLB debut 24-48 hours ahead of Rodriguez on seniority, that'd jack everybody's adrenaline up in wonderful ways.

I really hope we try Akin today. He hasn’t pitched since Tuesday.  He’s going to pitch today anyway. What’s the point of starting Reyes/Baumann and then throwing Akin 2IP-3IP?  Doesn’t make much sense. 

The only way I wouldn’t start Akin today is if he is critical to a game one W. 

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I really hope we try Akin today. He hasn’t pitched since Tuesday.  He’s going to pitch today anyway. What’s the point of starting Reyes/Baumann and then throwing Akin 2IP-3IP?  Doesn’t make much sense. 

The only way I wouldn’t start Akin today is if he is critical to a game one W. 

Well, he’s in game 1 and stands to be the pitcher of record right now.  

5 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

It's painfully obvious that Grayson Rodriguez is ready for the majors, but I thought that was true after his last start and yet they didn't bring him up, so who knows.  I just hope his next start is in the majors.  

Just absurd if he isn’t staring in the majors next turn. I have mentioned this in several threads but think he is more ready/deserving than AR.