Moves I’d like to see this weekend

connja

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Of course it's a money thing.

When isn't it a money thing?

If you have to say it isn't a money thing, that's a sign it's a money thing.

It’s also the only explanation that makes sense because the top rated college catcher from the 2019 draft class should be more than ready for MLB in 2022. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Connolly is not someone who is a homer. He may be wrong. 

The only two logical reasons I've heard for him not being up are some combination of Super 2 status and trying to keep him from finishing too high in the ROY voting.

Both of those things are about money.

Just now, fansince1988 said:

Could be an injury thing? 

A day off after the first time he's caught three games in a row this year?

I don't think so.

Seems routine to me.

Him not being up today doesn't actually bother me since he has just caught three in a row.  Yesterday or tomorrow would both be better choices.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The only two logical reasons I've heard for him not being up are some combination of Super 2 status and trying to keep him from finishing too high in the ROY voting.

Both of those things are about money.

I love Dan but this is accurate. Elias/Angelos always about money. If you believe otherwise, your naive. 

Maybe it's not a money thing, maybe it's an injury thing or a performance thing (he hasn't exactly been tearing it up in Norfolk).  But whatever it is, it sure would be nice if Dan Connolly would TELL US WHAT IT IS.  If he is sure it's not a money thing, then it must be because he's sure it's something else.  

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

It sure would make sense to build on the momentum of tonight’s win by recalling both Adley & Rodriquez….

Nah that would get fans excited and coming to the Yard, and then the O's can't ask for more givebacks on the rent (only half joking)