Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

The highest BA, RBI total, most HR's, lowest ERA, most SO all belong to a NL player. Look at the SP Pujols had to bat against. They are at least as good as the best of the AL. Pujols is a great hitter, but more than that he is a great ballplayer. You can't say that bout Manny IMO.

I'm strictly talking about hitting. Halladay, Burnett, Beckett, Lecster, Shields, Kazmir...I'll take AL east up against any division any day of the week. I'm not taking anything away from Pujols. He is simply amazing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get ready for some Red Sox fan on Red Sox fan crime...

Are you serious?? Please tell me you are trying to be funny or demonstrate how silly we Red Sox fans can be.

In hindsight, a trade that brought a World Series win was a TERRIBLE trade?

No wonder everyone hates us.

You know... you guys go eighty some years without a World Series and you finally start winning 'em... and now you all are bickering about a trade that brought a Series win? Is that something intrinsic to Sox fans, getting upset by something as foreign as a World Series victory....

As for the Orioles, they've made it clear that they have room to maneuver with their offer. They're not out of it. They're just trying to figure out how "in" they are, if that makes sense. Boras doesn't seem to be giving them a strong indication.

Not to be negative, but I don't like the above bolded statement from Roch's blog.

Yea...At some point this game of cat and mouse needs to end and we need to start being aggressive.

If you haven't seen it, then you didn't watch Teixeira play in Anaheim this season.
Year Ag Tm  Lg  G   AB    R    H   2B 3B  HR  RBI  SB CS  BB  SO   BA   OBP   SLG *OPS+  TB   SH  SF IBB HBP GDP +--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+----+---+---+---+---+---+        LAA AL  54  193   39   69  14  0  13   43   2  0  32  23  .358  .449  .632  180  122   0   5   4   4   4

He was probably the best player in the AL for the time he was in the AL this year.

In playoffs, did Teixeira have zero extra base hits and 1 RBI?

Get ready for some Red Sox fan on Red Sox fan crime...

Are you serious?? Please tell me you are trying to be funny or demonstrate how silly we Red Sox fans can be.

In hindsight, a trade that brought a World Series win was a TERRIBLE trade?

No wonder everyone hates us.

I'll take the best shortstop in the league over any starting pitcher, period. I acknowledged that Beckett carried us to that WS, but thats not to say Hanley wouldn't have brought championships as well. I don't see this as "Red Sox fan on fan crime" and I don't see this as a reason as why people hate Red Sox fans. Our opinions differ simple as that. Hanley is a special, special talent, and a bat like that playing SS is extremely rare. Perhaps its been the torture of having Lugo, but I would take Hanley anyday. And I don't think we should talk about this too much here, it is an Orioles forum. I don't want this to sound as though I am taking away from what Beckett has done and is doing for us, I just think an elite SS is more valuable.

Yea...At some point this game of cat and mouse needs to end and we need to start being aggressive.

What moves do you think AM needs to make to get this wrapped up before Christmas?

If the Manny rumor is true, about the 3/75, did Boras do some manuevering to drive up the price on Tex and get Boston to pony up?

Do you guys really believe that the Orioles would seriously consider signing Varitek in order to get Tex? Wow, that's delusional. The Orioles would give Tex $150 or so million and then take on a guy they don't really want at a cost of millions more. Really?

What moves do you think AM needs to make to get this wrapped up before Christmas?

If the Manny rumor is true, about the 3/75, did Boras do some manuevering to drive up the price on Tex and get Boston to pony up?

Boras probably started that rumor, hoping it would put pressure on the Sox to up their bid to counter-act the Yanks move!!

Right, make an offer and grossly overpay, or give the Red Sox enough incentive to up theirs and keep this going endlessly. If Tex comes back to us when they feel they have gotten their final offer, then he is giving us the hometown discount. If he doesn't, then he didn't want to play for us, and was just using us to get top dollar. AM is playing this the right way IMO.

Do you guys really believe that the Orioles would seriously consider signing Varitek in order to get Tex? Wow, that's delusional. The Orioles would give Tex $150 or so million and then take on a guy they don't really want at a cost of millions more. Really?

If Tek would sign for one year and maybe an option year as a backup... why not? Who better to bring along a young Matt Wieters? A pair of Tech alum? Wieters is special. The more you can groom him in these ways, the better.

We need to improve our offer for Tex.

I am starting to wonder if any of the info Belkast told us is true...The Orioles need to get moving now.

I don't know, if the price wasn't past what makes sense (IMO) I'd be thrilled with the approach MacPhail is taking. Stay on the periphery while other teams battle it out and then step in and take the prize. There is no hurry, there is a lot more time left for dancing if that is how Scotty and Mark want to play it. Patience is right approach.

Archived