Saturday Night: Game 2 of Fenway Doubleheader, when weather permits

SteveA

Just now, Yossarian said:

At what point do we start wiring about Mullins and Mountcastle and their struggles at the plate?

Yeah, I would really like to trade Mullins. Also, he doesn't belong in the top spot of the lineup.

Mountcastle will just swing at everything and it's very frustrating. Does he ever walk or even work the count? 

Just now, Beysbol said:

Yeah, I would really like to trade Mullins. Also, he doesn't belong in the top spot of the lineup.

Mountcastle will just swing at everything and it's very frustrating. Does he ever walk or even work the count? 

He walked in his first at bat if game 2. Then proceeded to strike out 3 times. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Worrying, that should say?

Both are really stinking right now.  Was last year a fluke?

Mountcastle was always going to be a low OBP guy.  He's basically Adam Jones at first base.  I was hoping for a lot better from Mullins.  There goes his trade value.  I would like to keep Hays and trade Mullins. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Why do so many people hate the Wave? It's always puzzled me--what's aggravating about it?

Can’t speak for everyone.  For me, it shows me the people at the game with me aren’t interested in the game, didn’t come for the game.  Especially because they often do it when it’s a critical part of the game.  A big part of the fun of being at a game, for me, is we’re all there cheering the guys on.  When a wave starts it tells me I’m not with fellow fans, and perhaps should just “have fun and relax and follow the wave!” 

I mean, do players care that their fans have decided they’re more interested in waving their hands in unison than watching what happens on the field?

It suddenly makes me feel out of place somewhere I should not have to feel out of place. 

I don’t know that I described it very well but that’s kinda my POV on it.