Keuchel??

wildcard

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Keuchel is either hurt or done as a pitcher so no reason to take a flyer. I doubt it’s as simple as he needs a change of scenery.

Keuchel knows how to pitch he just doesn’t have it anymore. Rather give Bradish more time to try and figure it out. 

He's been good a lot more recently than Harvey.  What shows that he's lost it?  Has he lost velocity? 

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Harvey:

single-slice-of-lightly-toasted-white-br

Keuchel:

Piece-of-burnt-toast-011.jpg?width=465&q

I needed that laugh. That was a good one. 

The sad part is though someone has to eat these innings up here. We’ve run through the DD pitchers and we’re dipping into the Elias bunch that we knew were obvious flyers. An MLB team can’t already be down to trotting out Denyi Reyes and Cody Sedlock in May. 

What happens when are “good pitchers” tire out?  Couldn’t Keuchel at least help some of our other lefties with his experience. 

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The sad part is though someone has to eat these innings up here. We’ve run through the DD pitchers and we’re dipping into the Elias bunch that we knew were obvious flyers. An MLB team can’t already be down to trotting out Denyi Reyes and Cody Sedlock in May. 

What happens when are “good pitchers” tire out?  Couldn’t Keuchel at least help some of our other lefties with his experience. 

Metaphysical? Out of body? Trans portal?  Transcendental? Trainspotting?  Tubthumping?

28 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bring up Hall and Grayson.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Bring up Hall and Grayson.

That’s what I want to see but I think we want to see Hall go a little deeper and GR get his service clock manipulated more. 

I sure am tired of the losing, and really hope it stops next season, but I think we’re a year behind where we all hoped we would be. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That’s what I want to see but I think we want to see Hall go a little deeper and GR get his service clock manipulated more. 

I sure am tired of the losing, and really hope it stops next season, but I think we’re a year behind where we all hoped we would be. 

People calling for Hall to be recalled clearly aren’t watching him pitch on milb.tv. He’s not ready. 

2 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

People calling for Hall to be recalled clearly aren’t watching him pitch on milb.tv. He’s not ready. 

21 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Just Grayson.  Hall needs to improve his control.  If he faces Boston or NY it will look like yesterday with endless walks and home runs. 

It's a shame that it's impossible to develop once you get to the majors.

I know I'll never forget the legend of that might have been left hander with electric stuff.

Poor Randy Johnson, some folks say to this day that if he had only been allowed more time in the minors he might have eventually learned how to harness his stuff and become one of the top control pitchers in the game. 

Alas, that is not possible, and a player's skill set is locked in the second he steps onto that field as a major leaguer.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a shame that it's impossible to develop once you get to the majors.

I know I'll never forget the legend of that might have been left hander with electric stuff.

Poor Randy Johnson, some folks say to this day that if he had only been allowed more time in the minors he might have eventually learned how to harness his stuff and become one of the top control pitchers in the game. 

Alas, that is not possible, and a player's skill set is locked in the second he steps onto that field as a major leaguer.

There is also the aspect of player control.  If a team spends 3 or 4 years developing a player at the major league level, they only have a year or two before the decision must be made to extend the player or trade him.  Unlike some on here, I don't see the O's handing out $30 mil/yr contracts.  Thus,the O's need to have players as close to ready as possible when they get to the majors.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

There is also the aspect of player control.  If a team spends 3 or 4 years developing a player at the major league level, they only have a year or two before the decision must be made to extend the player or trade him.  Unlike some on here, I don't see the O's handing out $30 mil/yr contracts.  Thus,the O's need to have players as close to ready as possible when they get to the majors.

And you think all these young players are going to turn into 30M/Yr guys?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And you think all these young players are going to turn into 30M/Yr guys?

Not all of course, some might turn into solid regulars who would cost $15-20 mill/yr at free agent prices.  Some will fail totally.  There are signs the O's want to follow the Rays payroll just as much as the Rays farm system.