Thursday, June 2: Rubber Match vs Mariners

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Interesting scenario to think about:  if Taillon continues the perfect game through 9, then in the top of the 10th, a grounder to the right and a sac fly score the courtesy runner, the Angels could win a game without ever having a batter reach base.

I would be fine with that. 

Perfect game gone.   Up the middle, 2nd baseman got a glove on it but couldn't pick it up and it bounced off his glove rolls into left center.   Batter to 2nd.

Calling it a double.  It's the right call.   Would have been taken an incredible homer of an official scorer to call it an E.   Now I could see single+error but the perfect game and no hitter are gone either way,

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Perfect game gone.   Up the middle, 2nd baseman got a glove on it but couldn't pick it up and it bounced off his glove rolls into left center.   Batter to 2nd.

Calling it a double.  It's the right call.   Would have been taken an incredible homer of an official scorer to call it an E.   Now I could see single+error but the perfect game and no hitter are gone either way,

What a shame. 

Just now, KillerTofu said:

So why is no one talking about Kremer? Don’t we see him up at some point within the next week or two?

Speaking for myself I don’t trust his command and not sure how deep he can go. That said if he is ready I’m fine with him being on the team. 

6 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

I forgot about the existence of David Wells until now. I am sorry to remember.

Still the greatest Wells in Oriole history, though Tyler is gaining.

David Wells 2.9 WAR as an Oriole
Tyler Wells 1.7
NBA Player Bonzi Wells who never played baseball 0.0
Alexander Wells -0.3