Dean Kremer 2022

Spy Fox

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

This great pitching from Kremer is a very welcome development.  It’s like found money.   

Who knows... maybe the O's are hoping that they'll get one good month out of Kremer like Zimmermann's April.

I just watched the game.  He’s gonna need to keep the man-bun if he pitches like that. A little wild early with the FB missing high, looked like he was overthrowing it.  But that change up, where did that come from?  He over threw  a few, but there were a tom that looked down right unhittable.  Crazy amount of movement.  He has a different look to him this year.  Looks like a guy that knows he has talent, hasn’t been able to over come, and knows he’s getting close to to his last opportunities if he doesn’t put up.  Seems much more locked in and focused.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I just watched the game.  He’s gonna need to keep the man-bun if he pitches like that. A little wild early with the FB missing high, looked like he was overthrowing it.  But that change up, where did that come from?  He over threw  a few, but there were a tom that looked down right unhittable.  Crazy amount of movement.  He has a different look to him this year.  Looks like a guy that knows he has talent, hasn’t been able to over come, and knows he’s getting close to to his last opportunities if he doesn’t put up.  Seems much more locked in and focused.  

Adley called it “electric” but that might have been hype of the moment.

Hope he can sustain it. The across the board performance of the second tier pitching prospects was one of the biggest organizational bummers last year. If even a few of them can turn it around and sustain it that would be a huge reversal. Not only because they could become contributing players but to change the narrative that we can't develop pitchers.

• Upvote 1

No idea whether Kremer will keep it up. But I will say this: The law of averages is on our side.

With all the other flameouts like Lowther, Baumann, Wells, Zimmermann, etc. you would think at least one of them would find their way into becoming a legitimate starting pitcher for this club. So let Kremer be that guy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

No idea whether Kremer will keep it up. But I will say this: The law of averages is on our side.

With all the other flameouts like Lowther, Baumann, Wells, Zimmermann, etc. you would think at least one of them would find their way into becoming a legitimate starting pitcher for this club. So let Kremer be that guy. 

I don't know, Zimmermann was on a similar hot stretch to start this season, and eventually reverted to a completely abysmal pitcher. Hope Kremer can keep it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he regresses significantly.

4 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

I don't know, Zimmermann was on a similar hot stretch to start this season, and eventually reverted to a completely abysmal pitcher. Hope Kremer can keep it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he regresses significantly.

To me these are very different pitchers. Kremer’s stuff has always been superior to Zimmermann’s. There was always that feeling that he (Zimm) was a little over his head. Now not saying Kremer won’t regress, but I don’t think the results he is getting right now are that shocking given his profile.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not striking out enough guys. 

No but he did miss a lot of bats last night.  The Ks will come if he misses bats.

The problem is, overall his swingstr% is below average and even if that isn’t updated to include last night, it’s only one start where he was missing bats.  

His str% is way up though and that is encouraging as well.