Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Honestly, Lou seems like a jealous child. I think many fans agree with the general direction of the team since Peter stopped making decisions. All of his assertions about John are vague and conclusions. No descriptions of how John harangued Mrs. Angelos, for example. It seems more designed to air family drama than present a legal case. 

But this lawsuit is not about the direction of the team but money,money,money.

3 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I don't know if John is. sleaze ball or not but if you ever been subject to a law suit the lawyer from the other site is going to make you sound as bad as possible.  This is one side of this story.  I don't know how much is true or not.

I know.  Why I said if true. 

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Honestly, Lou seems like a jealous child. I think many fans agree with the general direction of the team since Peter stopped making decisions. All of his assertions about John are vague and conclusions. No descriptions of how John harangued Mrs. Angelos, for example. It seems more designed to air family drama than present a legal case. 

My impression was the first 30+ pages were just general background. On p. 35-36 they claim that Georgia was duped into signing by the attorney and Lou was pressured by threats of disinheritance. My impression of Lou is that he must have been incredibly dumb to sign those documents. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

My impression was the first 30+ pages were just general background. On p. 35-36 they claim that Georgia was duped into signing by the attorney and Lou was pressured by threats of disinheritance. My impression of Lou is that he must have been incredibly dumb to sign those documents. 

He's the one that passed the Bar right?

• Haha 2

Reading through the PDF, has anyone mentioned Peter and his wife live at two separate addresses? Plus, I always thought Lou was the horse racing enthusiast and lived in Saratoga, but looks like John has a house there. I didn’t think Lou even lived in Bmore at all. 

Anyway, back to my popcorn…

2 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

Reading through the PDF, has anyone mentioned Peter and his wife live at two separate addresses? Plus, I always thought Lou was the horse racing enthusiast and lived in Saratoga, but looks like John has a house there. I didn’t think Lou even lived in Bmore at all. 

Also his wife is in her 50's and still waiting for her career to take off.

5 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

I assume it’s a nursing home. 

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Yeah the reasons he gives for signing are very weak. He would lose 46M out of the estate that he cost the estate by not signing. Not that he would lose the entirety. 

In a just world, the court would find they are both immature kids and award the team to Orioles Hangout. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Yeah the reasons he gives for signing are very weak. He would lose 46M out of the estate that he cost the estate by not signing. Not that he would lose the entirety. 

In a just world, the court would find they are both immature kids and award the team to Orioles Hangout. 

I think it says they want a jury trial. 

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

The 49 page complaint is in the article to download. I can't do it now on my phone.

Baseball ownership | Courthouse News Service
https://www.courthousenews.com/baseball-ownership/

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/angelos-angelos-complaint-baltimore-county.pdf

OK, I’ve read this mess.   There are clearly going to be two sides to this story.   One interesting point is the complaint asks for a preliminary injunction.  That means that, before a full trial, there would be a preliminary hearing with live witnesses and evidence where the court would decide whether to issue some sort of temporary relief to preserve the status quo until a full trial could be held.   So, there could be some live court testimony soon!   However, usually there has to be a motion filed, separate from the complaint, asking the court to hold a hearing and issue the preliminary injunction.   No such motion is on file yet.

My take on this: Lou has really burned his bridges with this lawsuit.  Sued his brother and his mother.  Trashed a bunch of people who work for the Orioles or who have long associations with his family.   You don’t do that lightly, and you can’t unring that bell, so he must have been pretty desperate.   What a mess.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1