Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Been telling you guys that John is a real problem.  He is focused on his wife’s country music career and is cash poor.  

This team isn’t going to spend. The only way they contend is if they fall aaa backwards into it.  

I buy all of this but he is the one who didn’t want to sell. 

All we can hope for now is this gets resolved as soon as possible. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I buy all of this but he is the one who didn’t want to sell. 

All we can hope for now is this gets resolved as soon as possible. 

He wants to save as much money as possible…even if there were some tax loopholes, they still are looking at a big chunk of inheritance taxes.  

Just now, Sports Guy said:

He wants to save as much money as possible…even if there were some tax loopholes, they still are looking at a big chunk of inheritance taxes.  

It all adds up with what they have been doing. The tv and still radio broadcasts, gate times, obviously payroll. 

Can’t wait until we find out more. 

Has anyone seen the complaint or have access to it ?

Other than where there are quotations, and even for some of them, I don't trust the reporter to be accurate or, more important, complete. There must be plenty of interesting stuff in there whose importance comes clear only when you've studied the document for a while. 

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It all adds up with what they have been doing. The tv and still radio broadcasts, gate times, obviously payroll. 

Can’t wait until we find out more. 

And remember, the spending on the international stuff, the draft, etc..that’s all cheap.  A bunch of people on here want to pat theM on the back and rightfully so.  I’m glad it’s happening but that stuff is small potatoes.  I have been saying it’s all a drop in the bucket.

It costs nothing to do those things and it allows them to show they are trying while collecting the revenue sharing money.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And remember, the spending on the international stuff, the draft, etc..that’s all cheap.  A bunch of people on here want to pat theM on the back and rightfully so.  I’m glad it’s happening but that stuff is small potatoes.

It costs nothing to do those things and it allows them to show they are trying while collecting the revenue sharing money.

I know. They did the right thing but they don’t deserve credit for it. 

The last couple of years I have thought that the baseball ops has been much better but the business side has regressed. 

At the end of the day no matter how anyone feels about the Angelos ownership this is a shame. Family divided while their father is in ailing health. What a sad state. 

9 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

Justin Fenton is not some hack.  He is Pulitzer Prize finalist and probably the finest investigative reporter the Sun has produced in two decades.  We will be lucky if he continues to cover the story for the Banner.  

It is four reporters now. Tim Prudhente and Barker and Mirabella from the Sun are all good reporters.

2 hours ago, PHRESH said:

"The suit says a top priority of Angelos’ wife Georgia has been to sell the team, and an advisor went about trying to negotiate a sale in— 2020. Louis Angelos says John Angelos nixed the deal."

Was this in the news? I don't recall hearing about this. 

News? Ha! Kenny Rosenthal left 20 years ago. 

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

Justin Fenton is not some hack.  He is Pulitzer Prize finalist and probably the finest investigative reporter the Sun has produced in two decades.  We will be lucky if he continues to cover the story for the Banner.  

I don't know him, but I'm glad to hear that. I did not mean to cast any asparagus on him, sorry to have implied anything about his ability or energy. (By the way, asparagus season is winding down in the Asparagus Valley of Western Massachusetts, so get your orders in now.)

But if this is a long document with legal complexity, and it sounds like it is, it's difficult to ascertain right away all the important stuff in there or the obvious BS that's in there. Even for a lawyer (or non-lawyer) who's knowledgeable or has access to information about the Orioles and their relationship with the Commissioner and MLB, about income and estate tax law, about disputes over control of a family business, it's not easy to figure out what the consequences of this will be. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I don't think we have worry much about that this story is just getting started. This is shaping up to be the largest scandal in Orioles history. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I don't know him, but I'm glad to hear that. I did not mean to cast any asparagus on him, sorry to have implied anything about his ability or energy. (By the way, asparagus season is winding down in the Asparagus Valley of Western Massachusetts, so get your orders in now.)

But if this is a long document with legal complexity, and it sounds like it is, it's difficult to ascertain right away all the important stuff in there or the obvious BS that's in there. Even for a lawyer (or non-lawyer) who's knowledgeable or has access to information about the Orioles and their relationship with the Commissioner and MLB, about income and estate tax law, about disputes over control of a family business, it's not easy to figure out what the consequences of this will be. 

Also Barker from the Baltimore Sun has done many stories on MASN and the lowered rent payments ,so some of the better reporters on this.

• Thanks 1