Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

To be honest, I think the bigger question is how much the defense drop off.

I think this is kinda what I was trying to get at with the positions the guys coming up play.  I think a big part of our success this year has been outfield defense in particular Mullins and Hays covering a lot of ground between the two of them. If we are blown away by a Mullins offer then fine do it but I would like to keep him until next deadline if we can get Snell for Santander now. 

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I think this is kinda what I was trying to get at with the positions the guys coming up play.  I think a big part of our success this year has been outfield defense in particular Mullins and Hays covering a lot of ground between the two of them. If we are blown away by a Mullins offer then fine do it but I would like to keep him until next deadline if we can get Snell for Santander now. 

That’s fair.  But if the Marlins give up what I said (or something similar), he needs to go.

I’m much more worried about 2023 than the next few months.

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

With the Marlins 2022 pushing towards Sell, and their future need for Bats...what if the Pablo Lopez ask is Coby Mayo, not Cedric Mullins?

I wonder even if they want to sell if they still want Mullins?

Heard Bowden say the other day that Ng has been looking for a CFer since she got there and really wants to add one.

But I’m not real interested in dealing 
Mayo for Lopez.  I like Lopez a lot but his shoulder issue last year gives me some pause.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s fair.  But if the Marlins give up what I said (or something similar), he needs to go.

I’m much more worried about 2023 than the next few months.

If we got a great offer from the Marlins for Mullins then trade him and keep Santander. Hays slides to center Stowers and Santander in the corner. 

57 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

I like Ramirez a lot, but I just don't think the Mets would part with him for a rental. I do think Hamel or Ziegler are realistic, and if we add Tate or Lopez, we'd be able to get more. Perhaps Mancini and Lopez could get us Ramirez, and I'm with you there, I'd be all about that.

I was naming 4 players for Lopez and Mancini

Allan/Hamel, Ramirez, Dominguez, and Suarez

that would be fair for both and good for our future.

The thing about Mancini is trading him should not be a big deal.  He is not the team captain or face of the franchise.  Doesn’t play in the field, is not a middle of the order bat on a first division team.  By all accounts he is a great person with a feel good comeback story that for the most part has been played out. (I know harsh).  Don’t give him away and exercise what leverage you can and move on.  His departure will have zero impact on the team’s record this year unless his replacement releases hellfire on opponents which of course would be nice.

56 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

I like Ramirez a lot, but I just don't think the Mets would part with him for a rental. I do think Hamel or Ziegler are realistic, and if we add Tate or Lopez, we'd be able to get more. Perhaps Mancini and Lopez could get us Ramirez, and I'm with you there, I'd be all about that.

I’d rather just keep Mancini and Tate than get another OF in Ramirez. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

28 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

If we got a great offer from the Marlins for Mullins then trade him and keep Santander. Hays slides to center Stowers and Santander in the corner. 

Or just obtain an OFer for this year in separate trade if you are worried about it.  I’m sure, on some roster, there is a 3rd/4Th OFer that could be had cheaply for a few months.

3 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

The thing about Mancini is trading him should not be a big deal.  He is not the team captain or face of the franchise.  Doesn’t play in the field, is not a middle of the order bat on a first division team.  By all accounts he is a great person with a feel good comeback story that for the most part has been played out. (I know harsh).  Don’t give him away and exercise what leverage you can and move on.  His departure will have zero impact on the team’s record this years unless his replacement releases hellfire on opponents which of course would be nice.

Lol. If he’s not the team captain then who is?

Man, you guys got used to losing too much.