Gunnar Henderson Now #5 in MLB.com Updated Top 100

StillanOfan

I like Cowser but how can there be 52 spots between him and Westburg? I think most Orioles fans would agree that Westburg is the better prospect.

Hopefully we're just underrating Cowser, ourselves, and this is a sign that we should be rating him higher... 🤷‍♂️

5 top 100 prospects that will be hitting the team by game 16 of next season. That’s big for a team that’s been playing .500 ball.  

Too high on Cowser. Too low on Westburg and Hall. Got to assume that Mayo, Stowers, and Kjerstad are all in the 100-150 range. After the draft we should have 6-7 in the top 100, and 9-10 in the top 150. 

• Upvote 1

Glad to see Gunnar get his due from the national pubs as well as the more Oriole centric guys!  Pretty cool that (including Adley) we're drafting and developing some top tier talent.  

Orioles Top Prospects (mlb.com) - here's their Orioles top 30.  They have Mayo as our 6th.  I wonder how close to the national top 100 he is...

2 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

I like Cowser but how can there be 52 spots between him and Westburg? I think most Orioles fans would agree that Westburg is the better prospect.

I like Cowser better long-term.  Mostly because I can see him slot into the #2 spot in the batting order, where Westburg is probably a #5-7 range.  I have no idea where I'd put either of them on a national list though (though the gap does seem pretty big).  This list is SS heavy with about 20% of the list - but maybe that also bumped Westburg down the rankings a bit.  National lists can be difficult to pull together though. 

It wouldn't completely shock me if Cowser finds his way into the top 30 (by attrition and continued hitting) before the 2023 season.  His .821 OPS is currently higher than 12 positional prospects ranked higher than him.  And since 6/1/22 (when he made comments about be more aggressive hitting), he's got a .912 OPS.  (Plus 2 pitchers ranked higher who have a 5+ ERA and another with a 1.50 WHIP.