Sunday, July 24, 2022 a Going for the Series Win

justD

2 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Zero confidence in Mancini in the OF.  He looks like a vet player in the twilight of his career and the team out of respect keeps playing him.  This is a very old school non analytics based decision  by Hyde/Elias. 

Elias has probably been on the phone nonstop for several days, I think he's delegating the lineup decisions to Hyde.

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

For the record, I don't think you IBB Judge in the third inning. Rizzo is quite capable of making you look stupid if you do that. You do make sure the ball is down. If he takes a walk, fine.

Agree. Like Ben McDonald said… you throw him four strike to ball cutters and see if he swings at them.

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Must be serious deception from Cortes. So annoying he’s become this, especially for the stupid Yankees. 

Watch his delivery….very short arm action before release and keeps it tight to his body, hitters don’t see the ball until he’s facing them.

6 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

For the record, I don't think you IBB Judge in the third inning. Rizzo is quite capable of making you look stupid if you do that. You do make sure the ball is down. If he takes a walk, fine.

If you have pitchers that can accurately locate it when they wish to, it would not be a problem then.  If Rizzo homers, fine by me.. tip your hat.  But Judge right now is ridiculously hot.