RVAOsFan

Mancini Trade   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mancini be traded?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 7/28/2022 at 1:31 PM, DrungoHazewood said:

Every one of the 30 teams have an analytics department that have this page bookmarked, and knows that with some better luck and a different park he'd have 15-20 homers.  If he'd been a Red all year his expected HR total would be 25.

He hasn't exactly taken advantage of playing in Cincinnati so far this weekend. Through 2c games.   Best of luck to him, wherever he goes.  Mancini alone is not going to bring anything of real value in a trade.  He's going to have to be packaged with some top minor league talent to get a quality pitcher.  There is too much of a demand for pitching right now. 

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

He hasn't exactly taken advantage of playing in Cincinnati so far this weekend. Through 2c games.   

He slashed .333 / .556 / .333 / .889 with 2R and an RBI in 2 games. Maybe not a super dominant performance (really the OBP is great, just no XBH), but I'm not sure I understand your comment.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:52 PM, eddie83 said:

I’m very surprised 75% think this is going to happen. This team is a joy to watch and we are no longer in the look for lottery tickets mode. I don’t see a team giving up much for him.  

I'm 50/50 on a trade happening.  The Mets deal seemed to be imminent, but it looks like it's cooled off.  It could come back around.  I can easily see him being traded, I can easily see him staying.  And if he stays, I wouldn't be upset by it, not in the least.

But just because we've got a good system doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for lottery tickets.  I think that should always be the case no matter where the ML team is and where the system is.  

This team is a joy to watch simply because everyone's expectations headed into the season were abysmal.  Compared to what a lot of us were thinking in April, yeah, this is a joy to watch.  That doesn't mean they're close to contention.  There's still a fairly long way to go.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That doesn't mean they're close to contention.  There's still a fairly long way to go.

This.

Right now is a pleasing pile of cherries on top of a generous serving of ice cream over a wide pour of gravy. Smiles all round. But the plan has to remain the plan... We've got to stock the cupboard even though we've had a surprising bounty of green beans from the garden this spring.

Edited by Ridgway22
typo
  • Upvote 1

On 7/30/2022 at 1:46 AM, Filmstudy said:

I voted "yes", but I'm not convinced there will be any return of significance if he's traded.  Maybe the 7th-9th best prospect in some system which is a lot worse than the O's (it won't be a player with the upside of Stowers).

If they trade for a 7-9 prospect and another guy. I think that player will likely be a pitcher. I don’t expect Elias to add another Prospect to AAA. I’m expecting a guy or two that are at A+ level. I think it’s been mentioned that 16 of our top 17 prospects are at AA or higher. 

Elias came into 2022 viewing this season as another round of evaluation at all the levels.  He didn't expect this winning at the big league level, but he also doesn't want to compromise his evaluation and development goals to win now. I'm sure if they do end up winning now, he'll be as happy as anyone, but he also knows he has to do what's best for the long term. 

Mancini has been evaluated, and I think its fair to say that although his output is good, he's not in Elias' long term plans. If he can get a piece that he feels can truly help them in the long term, he should do it. If he doesn't get a solid offer that he feels has value, he knows there is essentially no risk or loss in keeping Trey and letting him walk. 

The only downside is finding Stowers a spot in the line up, which I guess could wait till 2023 Opening Day if it had too. I think Stowers is ready as he's been pretty dang consistent.  He had an OPS of .892 in both his soph and junior year at Stanford. He had an .898 OPS across 3 levels in 2021. And now he's at .894 in AAA this year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm 50/50 on a trade happening.  The Mets deal seemed to be imminent, but it looks like it's cooled off.  It could come back around.  I can easily see him being traded, I can easily see him staying.  And if he stays, I wouldn't be upset by it, not in the least.

But just because we've got a good system doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for lottery tickets.  I think that should always be the case no matter where the ML team is and where the system is.  

This team is a joy to watch simply because everyone's expectations headed into the season were abysmal.  Compared to what a lot of us were thinking in April, yeah, this is a joy to watch.  That doesn't mean they're close to contention.  There's still a fairly long way to go.

8 hours ago, Ridgway22 said:

This.

Right now is a pleasing pile of cherries on top of a generous serving of ice cream over a wide pour of gravy. Smiles all round. But the plan has to remain the plan... We've got to stock the cupboard even though we've had a surprising bounty of green beans from the garden this spring.

I voted no.  Not because I think they aren't trying, but more because Trey just doesn't stir the drink.  I mean, he is who he is: a great team mate, a sometimes above average hitter, a reliable fielder... but the reasons why we are completely unsure this is going to happen are the reasons other teams are likely still shopping.  I don't think how we are playing or the potential of a WC berth would restrain Elias in trading him for the right offer, but there's certainly no urgency to do it.

I kind of think it just fizzles out and hope that that works out in our favor with him and other slumping hitters find their stride to help out on a WC run.  It's been fun so far and I'm fine with it remaining that way.

6 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I voted no.  Not because I think they aren't trying, but more because Trey just doesn't stir the drink.  I mean, he is who he is: a great team mate, a sometimes above average hitter, a reliable fielder... but the reasons why we are completely unsure this is going to happen are the reasons other teams are likely still shopping.  I don't think how we are playing or the potential of a WC berth would restrain Elias in trading him for the right offer, but there's certainly no urgency to do it.

I kind of think it just fizzles out and hope that that works out in our favor with him and other slumping hitters find their stride to help out on a WC run.  It's been fun so far and I'm fine with it remaining that way.

If by reliable fielder you mean he’s a guy that can catch something hit right at him, sure, I agree. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I think the delay is Soto. The losers could have an interest in Mancini as a fallback.