Trey Mancini Traded to the Astros

RVAOsFan

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Being a WC team for a bit of time, was more fun, than we have had in the last few years, sad to wave bye to that hope.

You really think Mancini is the difference in being a WC team or not? We were 3 games out of the 3rd WC spot with him on the team.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

You really think Mancini is the difference in being a WC team or not? We were 3 games out of the 3rd WC spot with him on the team.

and where will we be without him?

My comments is also based, on a opinion, this is just one, and that another player or two, will be dumped.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Being a WC team for a bit of time, was more fun, than we have had in the last few years, sad to wave bye to that hope.

I get the feeling.  I do.  But every team that is in the hunt is buying to improve and for us to do that would require spending prospects.  And it would also require not getting the 3rd and 4th best pitchers in our system.  A system ranked in the top 5.  For 2 months of Trey.

And, in spite of the trade, the Orioles still went out and pounded out another victory.

I have no idea what changes today has in store and I doubt it helps this years team other than making space for guys to come up.  

But honestly Rick...if this season has been fun.  Hold on, because the dark days of the past are gone and you should feel this way all the time.  Raise your expectations and hang on for the ride my friend.

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I get the feeling.  I do.  But every team that is in the hunt is buying to improve and for us to do that would require spending prospects.  And it would also require not getting the 3rd and 4th best pitchers in our system.  A system ranked in the top 5.  For 2 months of Trey.

And, in spite of the trade, the Orioles still went out and pounded out another victory.

I have no idea what changes today has in store and I doubt it helps this years team other than making space for guys to come up.  

But honestly Rick...if this season has been fun.  Hold on, because the dark days of the past are gone and you should feel this way all the time.  Raise your expectations and hang on for the ride my friend.

Im bummed more about Trey as a fan favorite, and I get he really isnt the long term answer here.

I think this team got lucky, by playing over their heads.

Yes, Elias gets some credit for it.

When do they stop just selling pieces?

13 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Im bummed more about Trey as a fan favorite, and I get he really isnt the long term answer here.

Today. The rebuild is, for all intents and purposes, over once we deal Santander and perhaps a bullpen arm. We're not going to be drafting at the top of the draft for a good long while, and we have a steady stream of prospects on their way up (Stowers, Westburg, Hall, and Vavra already here).

We could always wind up trading someone like Austin Hays or Ryan Mountcastle at the deadline next season, but that will only be to make room for guys like Cowser, Kjerstad, Prieto, Norby, etc.

47 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Sorry, I dont like the return, one is damaged goods.

2 single-a arms, going to take a while for them to progress and "maybe" make it up to the big leagues.

Elias liked the return, and he's proven to be a smart evaluator of talent not only with the Orioles, but with the Astros and Cardinals. I don't think you have reasonable expectations for the return any team can expect for 2 months of a slightly above average hitter with zero defensive value.

Edited by Brooks The Great

18 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Never stop selling pieces. 

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Trading Lopez for uninspiring return, doesnt send me the right warm fuzzy feelings.

27 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Trading Lopez for uninspiring return, doesnt send me the right warm fuzzy feelings.

I am not wowed by this return either and unlike the Mancini move it feels more of the old quantity for the sake of bodies.  But I honestly know nothing about any of these guys.  So yeah, I get this won't make you feel good about yesterday.

But still the O's are undefeated since Mancini left.... ;)