Sunday August 7th - Let’s Get This Sweep

sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Scored 7,8,6,1 and 6 this week. 

That’s fine. That said I’m not disagreeing with you that the lineup is a bit short.  

True but it just feels like this lineup is missing a game changing power bat that gives you a chance in games where you're down 5 6 7 runs.

Gonna need it starting tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

It was a rule put in place to prevent super rare injuries. Besides Posey and Fosse, where were all the injuries at the plate necessitating a confusing rule change?

I get what you are saying but I don't think the problem is in the rule existing but in how it is written and implemented.

We don't need guys running roughshod over catchers.

I'm sure that in some of those collisions it was the other player that ended up injured.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 29coast said:

Can't win em all and we still get the series win, but this has to be the last time Chirinos, Philips, and Odor all start in the lineup. Inexcusable 

Chirinos 1-2.. what is Mountcastle’s excuse?  No pretty terrible all around except for Mateos, Rutschman

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I get what you are saying but I don't think the problem is in the rule existing but in how it is written and implemented.

We don't need guys running roughshod over catchers.

I'm sure that in some of those collisions it was the other player that ended up injured.

I agree. There just has to be a better way of implementing such a rule. I don’t begin to know what that way is. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Chirinos 1-2.. what is Mountcastle’s excuse?  No pretty terrible all around except for Mateos, Rutschman

I agree Mountcastle isn't bringing much of anything to the table right now, but at least we know he has it. Chirinos is great for giving Adley a day off behind the plate, but when you combine him with Philips and Odor it is just pathetic.