Saturday, August 13: DL Hall Makes his Debut vs Shane-o-mac

justD

Just now, seak05 said:

Dude, breathe, guys aren't going to come up and be perfect right away. And I agree with you that the def lineup today wasn't designed to do Hall any favors  

I'm not expecting perfect. 4 runs allowed in 2 and 2/3 innings is not acceptable. Look, man, we are a half game up in the Wild Card. If you can't pitch then get off the mound. Seriously, if you can't do it then get off the mound.

7 minutes ago, winning said:

Man had 70 steals in 1 season.

OK... looked it up. During the 2009 season, Ellsbury was on base at least 243 times (188 hits, 49 BB and 6 HBP). He stole 70 bases, caught stealing 12 times. 

Stick Mateo on base 243 times... I'm guessing 70 is in reach easily. The problem is getting on base.  

Just now, winning said:

I'm not expecting perfect. 4 runs allowed in 2 and 2/3 innings is not acceptable. Look, man, we are a half game up in the Wild Card. If you can't pitch then get off the mound. Seriously, if you can't do it then get off the mound.

Your "analysis" has been impossibly superficial.

Ben: It's different here at the big league level. 

Me: This is what I've seen from him for the last half-dozen starts. The only difference I can hope for is when Adley is catching him. That 87-mph pitch would've been a strike if AR had been behind the plate.

But still, if you can't command your pitches...