Saturday, August 13: DL Hall Makes his Debut vs Shane-o-mac

justD

3 minutes ago, winning said:

Here's the thing. He shouldn't be on the mound. It's obvious that he's not an MLB caliber starter. This isn't because of his results today, his entire season in the minors this year has indicated that Hall is not an MLB caliber ballplayer.

"his entire season in the minors this year" 

I guess we should ignore his 2018-2021 seasons and only pay attention to the season where he spent some time on the shelf while injured. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm really starting to dislike McLanahan. He acts like every ball that finds a hole is a terrible break even though the O's have been crushing line drives for outs and the Rays have scored on similar balls. 

And look, there is another example.

13 minutes ago, winning said:

I'm not expecting perfect. 4 runs allowed in 2 and 2/3 innings is not acceptable. Look, man, we are a half game up in the Wild Card. If you can't pitch then get off the mound. Seriously, if you can't do it then get off the mound.

DL Hall looks uncomfortable.  When they do the close ups of his face he looks tense.  This first game does have him a little unnerved. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

"his entire season in the minors this year" 

I guess we should ignore his 2018-2021 seasons and only pay attention to the season where he spent some time on the shelf while injured. 

Don't forget to ignore the five-game stretch in July when he allowed two earned runs.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, winning said:

Here's the thing. He shouldn't be on the mound. It's obvious that he's not an MLB caliber starter. This isn't because of his results today, his entire season in the minors this year has indicated that Hall is not an MLB caliber ballplayer.

He hasn’t had a great year. It doesn’t mean that he’s not a MLB caliber ball player. But, I feel like he was put in a spot that he’s not quite ready for. That Said, the defense hasn’t helped him.