Saturday, August 13: DL Hall Makes his Debut vs Shane-o-mac

justD

2 minutes ago, winning said:

So why is everybody acting like it's just no big deal that he started today and the completely expected bad outing and likely team loss is no big deal. Like we as fans should just eat that in the playoff hunt.

I feel like I'm breaking this news to you, and you might need to sit down for this: the Orioles are not winning a pennant in 2022. Not every machination this team makes should be or is concerned about this season. Thoughts and prayers as you process this news.

• Haha 1

Just now, Alasdaire said:

I feel like I'm breaking this news to you, and you might need to sit down for this: the Orioles are not winning a pennant in 2022. Not every machination this team makes should be or is concerned about this season. Thoughts and prayers as you process this news.

The only point of baseball is to win the game.

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Does neon green mean sarcasm?

Doesn't have to be neon.

Long story slightly shortened, some posters had trouble discerning if I was being sarcastic (which rightfully is often the case) so I started posting in green to make it easier for them.

Some of us still do it from time to time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

This is the part I don't get. It's like Hall was part of this throwaway effort today that included Adley not catching, a lineup with McKenna/Chirinos and no Vavra/Mullins, a day/road game, and an all star starting pitcher and good lineup on the other side. Set a guy up for success more than that.

I agree Adley should have been back there today for his first start.  I get it, sort of a day game after a night game, but not really, just 3 hours away from being another night game.  

But pitchers don't always get to throw to the first string catcher and don't always get the A lineup.  

Situations aren't always optimal.  I mean, it's obvious that Hall has command issues and starting at the Trop (really, climate controlled and a not a hostile environment, it's pretty low key) against McClanahan and having Chirinos back there doesn't change that fact.

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Anyway. Enjoy the rest of the game, everyone who isn’t an irrational whining baby. 

I have a feeling a few will drop off now that Hall's not pitching, particularly since we're losing at the moment. 

Might make it easier for me to follow the thread - it was pretty frantic there earlier! :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I agree Adley should have been back there today for his first start.  I get it, sort of a day game after a night game, but not really, just 3 hours away from being another night game.  

But pitchers don't always get to throw to the first string catcher and don't always get the A lineup.  

Situations aren't always optimal.  I mean, it's obvious that Hall has command issues and starting at the Trop (really, climate controlled and a not a hostile environment, it's pretty low key) against McClanahan and having Chirinos back there doesn't change that fact.

I don’t get why it is even being brought up. Chrinos has caught for 11 years and WS games. He isn’t capable of catching a debut?

• Upvote 1