Jud Fabian 2022

ShoelesJoe

On 9/2/2022 at 8:16 PM, celery said:

Where has Fabian been? Has he played at all this week?

Edit - he literally played just yesterday

You were premature. He is now out of the lineup for the third consecutive day.  Not sure if one of those was a rainout.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of noise in this brief tweet, but it confirms his great minor league start and hopefully he can have it translate at the upper levels too.  That in-zone whiff rate improvement is especially encouraging.  Also says in the follow-on tweet that he has a 16% chase rate which is 96% right now.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nvpacchi said:

There's a lot of noise in this brief tweet, but it confirms his great minor league start and hopefully he can have it translate at the upper levels too.  That in-zone whiff rate improvement is especially encouraging.  Also says in the follow-on tweet that he has a 16% chase rate which is 96% right now.

I'd love to know how he got that information on his minor league numbers. I wish MLB would allow minor league statcast numbers to be shared on baseball savant.

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd love to know how he got that information on his minor league numbers. I wish MLB would allow minor league statcast numbers to be shared on baseball savant.

Me too! I read his top 100 prospect list and his rationale is heavily based off advanced numbers like this.  I guess they're available somewhere and somehow and for some price? I just don't know where.

There is a hack to get statcast numbers at Charlotte's AAA stadium (by plugging in the game ID onto savant's in the URL), but Norfolk only had one series there back in May.  Stowers did launch a 111 MPH HR which is nice, and they have Grayson spin rate and velo data too.

But yes I agree, I would LOVE to see minor league statcast data for all clubs.

1 hour ago, nvpacchi said:

Me too! I read his top 100 prospect list and his rationale is heavily based off advanced numbers like this.  I guess they're available somewhere and somehow and for some price? I just don't know where.

There is a hack to get statcast numbers at Charlotte's AAA stadium (by plugging in the game ID onto savant's in the URL), but Norfolk only had one series there back in May.  Stowers did launch a 111 MPH HR which is nice, and they have Grayson spin rate and velo data too.

But yes I agree, I would LOVE to see minor league statcast data for all clubs.

I'm assuming you tried the others stadiums including Norfolk? Where di you get the game ID?

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm assuming you tried the others stadiums including Norfolk? Where di you get the game ID?

Just hover over or go into the regular box score for the Norfolk at Charlotte games, and look in the URL for a gameID (usually 6 digits IIRC).

Then go to any Statcast feed any game, and adjust the 6-digit game ID to the Norfolk at Charlotte game.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Just hover over or go into the regular box score for the Norfolk at Charlotte games, and look in the URL for a gameID (usually 6 digits IIRC).

Then go to any Statcast feed any game, and adjust the 6-digit game ID to the Norfolk at Charlotte game.

Yeah, I just did and it worked great. I'm going to keep trying to the other stadiums to see if they work, but definitely has full statcast for the games in Charlotte.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Stumbled across this interview.  Not sure if someone already posted.  One funny note. He talks about being able to relax in pro ball compared to the intensity and pressure to win in college.

Seems like a good kid. One thing you have to give the Orioles credit for is they have not only drafted good players, but they're really high makeup guys as well.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Seems like a good kid. One thing you have to give the Orioles credit for is they have not only drafted good players, but they're really high makeup guys as well.

Seems like a lovefest between the players and other players and with the coaches as well.