Promotions August 16th 2022

justD

According to the list for 8/16/2022, the following moves were made, at least as far as I can decipher:

Norfolk

• Released Shed Long, Jr. 2B
  • Added Drew Rom LHP, Ryan Watson RHP, Greg Cullen 2B from Bowie

Bowie

• Transferred Zach Watson CF to the "Development List"
  • Added Cade Povich LHP, Chayce McDermott RHP from Aberdeen
  • Added Adam Hall SS from FCL 

Aberdeen

• Released Gregori Vasquez RHP
  • Added Luis Valdez SS from Delmarva

Delmarva

• Released Miguel Padilla RHP
  • Added Max Wagner 3B, Adam Retzbach C, Silas Ardoin C, Dylan Beavers OF, Jud Fabian OF, Juan Nunez RHP, Adam Crampton SS all from the FCL Orioles
  • Added Jared Beck LHP, Cameron Weston RHP, Reese Sharp RHP (doesn't say where from)
  • Activated Keagan Gillies RHP from 60-day IL

FCL

• Released Moises Ramirez SS
  • Added through demotion from Delmarva: Roberto Martinez 2B, Brayan Hernandez C, Michael Mantecon C, Stiven Acevedo OF, Angel Vargas RHP, Darlin Alcantara RHP, Harol Arias RHP, Hugo Beltran RHP, Erison Placencia SS

Wilton Rondon was assigned to the DSL BAL Orange from DSL BAL Black. 

I think that's it. 

Edited by justD
Removed unnecessary editorializing
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this!

Just some commentary:

- Guess the Shed Long experience is over. Didn’t understand the signing given his history issue, which kept creeping up again. Hopefully he gets a chance somewhere and gets his health back

- I believe this is the first Adam Hall sighting of the season. Curious if he was dealing with something, but with the CIAOrioles, who knows

- Cullen moving up screams “org move”, as if it was permanent thing, it would have probably been Ortiz

- Sharp was probably an undrafted signing, hence why he is appearing from out of nowhere

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

- I believe this is the first Adam Hall sighting of the season. Curious if he was dealing with something, but with the CIAOrioles, who knows

Hall has played for Bowie this season before injury and rehab.  He playing decent but his lack of power has dropped him down the prospect list along with other guys passing him by at Bowie and now to Norfolk.  Hall at Bowie .282/.376/.372/.748.   His lack of power shows when your OBP is higher then your slugging your not going to make it at upper levels.