Anyone else seen enough of Odor?

Natty

19 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I'm okay with odor in a bench role. But Gunnar needs to come up now

Odor as a late PH option and occasional match up start is okay. Westburg is making a case too. Odor probably stays bc of expanded roster 

Odor stays because it would be insane to DFA  a popular clubhouse mainstay in the middle of a wildcard race in September. It’s not like his performance has drastically fallen off within the year either.

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Odor stays because it would be insane to DFA  a popular clubhouse mainstay in the middle of a wildcard race in September. It’s not like his performance has drastically fallen off within the year either.

They aren't going to DFA him and they shouldn't.  There is room on this roster for Odor.  Nevin will go most likely when Henderson does come up.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, Ohfan67 said:

I think if they were going to focus on Henderson's service time, then he would have spent almost the whole year in AA. They promoted him to AAA at a very young age. Elias has openly suggested that Henderson could help the team. They are giving Henderson starts at 1B and 2B. Everything points to a promotion in the near future. It looks like they may care about Henderson retaining his rookie eligibility next year, but otherwise it seems like Henderson will be promoted within the next seven days unless the team horribly tanks and makes the wildcard look super remote or something happens to Henderson. 

Is Gunnar going to get some of Mountcastle's at bats?

Our pitchers rely on our defense way too much to have Vavra out there. I’m not saying our SP is all luck, but why invite subpar defense in and risk losing their mojo/confidence?  

Odor showed a ton of hustle to beat that bunt out too. People can criticize him, but he’s been a class act for us, and our leader. 

Somehow we just need this dude to channel is inner 2017 August Tim Beckham. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Is Gunnar going to get some of Mountcastle's at bats?

If taking ground balls at first is an indication, then it seems like the Orioles are considering giving some of Mountcastle's at bats to a variety of other players...especially a LH or switch hitter. 

15 hours ago, baltfan said:

Vavra’s attempts to turn 2 in the seventh show you why Odor was getting so much okaying time.  He doesn’t have much of an arm. 

Yeah two poor throws turning the DP, with Mounty bailing him out on the 2nd one. 

I really like Vavra, but I don't know where exactly he fits going forward if he can't play 3B or SS, assuming Henderson is up soon. In fact we should prepare mentally for him to be optioned instead of Nevin. 

Edited by interloper

42 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah two poor throws turning the DP, with Mounty bailing him out on the 2nd one. 

I really like Vavra, but I don't know where exactly he fits going forward if he can't play 3B or SS, assuming Henderson is up soon. In fact we should prepare mentally for him to be optioned instead of Nevin. 

Fourth outfielder?  That's what I think he is next year.  Him and McKenna are your 4th/5th outfielders and you can slot him at second in emergency situations. 

I still prefer him at second to Odor and I'll die on top of that mountain. 

I don't think Vavra was ever going to be anything other than a super utility type. Him being a lefty off the bench who can play infield and outfield would be very valuable. At worst, he takes Tyler Nevin's spot and is better offensively and likely better defensively. He and McKenna off the bench could be a luxury.

Edited by dzorange