Mike Trout to the Orioles?

vab

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don't how many people would pay for tickets to watch me embarrass you.  Of course, you are an insufferable bore, so there might be a market for it.

Here are some facts:

Over the last three years Mike Trout has been worth not quite 8 WAR.  He made about $112 million over that time frame.  He's about to turn 32, he has a degenerative back condition, and he is owed 300 million dollars going forward.

Over the last three years, Hays and Mullins have combined to be worth over 15 WAR.  They've made about 3 million dollars combined.  They have a combined 6 years of team control remaining before they hit FA, and they are 26 and 27 years old respectively.

Only a very, very stupid and low IQ person, who doesn't understand baseball, and can't see beyond mIkE tRoUt, would not be able to appreciate their differences in value.

Is that the kind of show you were thinking about putting on?

Nah, stupidity is talking about several players being worth more than 1.  That’s great.  So I guess that means trading Grayson, Holliday, Henderson and Hall is fair because Trout was worth more in 2020, in a shortened season, than those 4 combined the last 3 years.

Stupidity is insinuating that only Trout would play the 2 positions vacated.  It’s Trout plus the other replacement vs Mullins and Hays.

Just stop while you are behind.  The idea that you are trying to argue that a 4th OFer at best and a guy who may just be a platoon player is more valuable than one of the top 10 players ever is dumber than the argument earlier this year when someone said Adley couldn’t OPS over 600.

Now, we don’t know what Trout’s injury is going to look like long term, so who knows.  But every GM in baseball would laugh hysterically at your posts in this thread.

But please, keep it up.  Your posts are hysterical.

Edited by Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

I may be wrong but in long term who knows I may be wrong. 

I am not saying you are wrong.  I’m saying who the hell knows.  

But early indications are this isn’t nearly as bad as first reported and Trout himself said it’s something he can play through.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I am not saying you are wrong.  I’m saying who the hell knows.  

But early indications are this isn’t nearly as bad as first reported and Trout himself said it’s something he can play through.

I think the major issue is pitching on this team long term. There is a log jam of possibly in the OF in the minors for the Os. 

Just now, Pushmonkey said:

I think the major issue is pitching on this team long term. There is a log jam of possibly in the OF in the minors for the Os. 

I’m not arguing if Trout is a smart get for the Os.  I have said I don’t believe LA would deal him because they won’t get the offer they need to get for him.

I would personally trade for him in a heartbeat but the package I would give up probably won’t work, so for me it’s not worth discussing outside of just a fun talk and fantasy of thinking about him in Baltimore.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Nah, stupidity is talking about several players being worth more than 1.  That’s great.  So I guess that means trading Grayson, Holliday, Henderson and Hall is fair because Trout was worth more in 2020, in a shortened season, than those 4 combined.  

Stupidity is insinuating that only Trout would play the 2 positions vacated.  It’s Trout plus the other replacement vs Mullins and Hays.

Just stop while you are behind.  The idea that you are trying to argue that a 4th OFer at best and a guy who may just be a platoon player is more valuable than one of the top 10 players ever is dumber than the argument earlier this year when someone said Adley couldn’t OPS over 600.

Now, we don’t know what Trout’s injury is going to look like long term, so who knows.  But every GM in baseball would laugh hysterically at your posts in this thread.

Your ramblings without even attempting to address any of the facts I laid out are duly noted.

So the guy who makes 30x the money, and is half as valuable, is actually more valuable than the guys who make 1/30th the money but are twice as valuable.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Calling Hays a 4th outfielder at best, and Mullins a platoon player, shows you are not in touch with reality, and will literally say anything to prop up a stupid position you've taken because you are incapable of self-reflection and honesty.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pickles said:

Your ramblings without even attempting to address any of the facts I laid out are duly noted.

So the guy who makes 30x the money, and is half as valuable, is actually more valuable than the guys who make 1/30th the money but are twice as valuable.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Calling Hays a 4th outfielder at best, and Mullins a platoon player, shows you are not in touch with reality, and will literally say anything to prop up a stupid position you've taken because you are incapable of self-reflection and honesty.

I also don’t see Mullins as being long term for this team. 

1 hour ago, Paul in Virginia said:

Orioles: A dream trade package to land Mike Trout (fansided.com)

Not sure I'd call that a "deam deal"..........

That is not a dream at all. I would call that a nightmare for the Orioles.

Again, why would the O’s want to sign up for Trout in his 30’s in which he is sure to decline and is dealing with a degenerative back condition? Then pay him top of the market money AND to top it off, give up top prospects!

Put another way even if Trout (given his current health prognosis) was to hit the FA this offseason how interested would we be in giving him a top contract? 

This seems to be a dream scenario for the Angels and a nightmare for the O’s. Didn’t we just get rid of the Chris Davis fiasco? And a generation before that we had the Albert Belle and that health/contract disaster. Please no more of those!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

That is not a dream at all. I would call that a nightmare for the Orioles.

Again, why would the O’s want to sign up for Trout in his 30’s in which he is sure to decline and is dealing with a degenerative back condition? Then pay him top of the market money AND to top it off, give up top prospects!

Put another way even if Trout (given his current health prognosis) was to hit the FA this offseason how interested would we be in giving him a top contract? 

This seems to be a dream scenario for the Angels and a nightmare for the O’s. Didn’t we just get rid of the Chris Davis fiasco? And a generation before that we had the Albert Belle and that health/contract disaster. Please no more of those!

Stop talking sense.  You're sending the Low IQs into convulsions of giggles.

Just now, Pickles said:

Yeah, that makes sense.

Mullins and Hays are arb eligible going forward and will make a lot more money. They won’t be 1/30 of his salary going forward.  (They technically aren’t 1/30 now)

Hays struggles vs righties, plays below average defense and is often hurt or playing hurt.  You thinking that’s not a 4th OFer isnt really smart but that has never stopped you before.

Mullins has struggled Vs lefties his whole pro career outside of last year.  As he gets older and loses some speed and his defense becomes less valuable, he will absolutely be a platoon player.  And btw, I said he may be a platoon player.  As of right now, that’s the direction he is headed in but who knows.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mullins and Hays are arb eligible going forward and will make a lot more money. They won’t be 1/30 of his salary going forward.  (They technically aren’t 1/30 now)

Hays struggles vs righties, plays below average defense and is often hurt or playing hurt.  You thinking that’s not a 4th OFer isnt really smart but that has never stopped you before.

Mullins has struggled Vs lefties his whole pro career outside of last year.  As he gets older and loses some speed and his defense becomes less valuable, he will absolutely be a platoon player.  And btw, I said he may be a platoon player.  As of right now, that’s the direction he is headed in but who knows.

Their salaries will increase.  They'll still be owed radically less money than Trout is, and of course, their salaries are still dependent upon performance, whereas Trout's is all guaranteed- degenerative back condition and all.

Hays has averaged like 3 WAR a year the last two years.  Can you point out some other 4th outfielders who perform like that?  Well, really a bench player I guess, because your moronic claim is that he's a 4th outfielder AT BEST.  LOL.

Mullins is 27 years old.  He finished in the top ten MVP last year, and he's going be worth another 4 WAR this year.  Your concern about him going forward, but not the 32 year old with the degenerative back condition guaranteed 300 million dollars is ..... there's a word for it....... stupid.  That's it.  That's the word.  Stupid.

Edited by Pickles

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Their salaries will increase.  They'll still be owed radically less money than Trout is, and of course, their salaries are still dependent upon performance, whereas Trout's is all guaranteed- degenerative back condition and all.

Hays has averaged like 3 WAR a year the last two years.  Can you point out some other 4th outfielders who perform like that?

Mullins is 27 years old.  He finished in the top ten MVP last year, and he's going be worth another 4 WAR this year.  Your concern about him going forward, but not the 32 year old with the degenerative back condition guaranteed 300 million dollars is ..... there's a word for it....... stupid.  That's it.  That's the word.  Stupid.

Where have I said I’m not concerned about Trout going forward?