Cubs trade DeRosa to Indians; Does this mean Pie for Olson back on??

section36

What hasn't he done that he should have done?

We all agree that not enough has been done to help set us up for the future. We need more moves. But what pieces didn't he acquire that we now no longer can go after? Why are you so convinced that he is not looking to make the moves that need to be done?

That's not true. There are many here who believe all is well and that AM is spon on with what he's doing. We have to be trying to acquire pieces anytime we can. Let me ask this, as of right now we are without a 1B, 2B,

3B, DH for 2010. How do we get this players???

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB has a point. I know people here want to believe things are getting better. Not really. Since AM has arrived things have gotten worse than better. Im curious as to what the Cubs gave to Miles. After BB's thread the other night said we werent offering enough years and money. Heyyyyy sounds like the same deal we are going through with our star rightfielder!!!

Just tell me what he's done the past 11 months to make us better and upgrade the talent level and all will be good.

This is silly. Trading Hernandez upgraded the talent level. Signing Izturis did as well. Signing Matusz, Arietta and MClat did as well. Improving our International scouting and starting the DR academy will lead to improvemnts to the talent level. He may not be trading one or two of our pitching prospects for the likes of Shealy, but that kind of thing is really questionable. Yes, only 4 or 5 of our SP prospect are likey to make it, at best. But can any one say now, with any certainty which ones it will be. In another year we will have a much better idea of how much talent we have in SP prospects and then be in a much better position to trade for position needs. I'd rather wait, than impetously trade a possible # 3 or # 4 SP in 2011, for Ryan Shealy, because people like you are impatient.:rolleyestf:

BB has a point. I know people here want to believe things are getting better. Not really. Since AM has arrived things have gotten worse than better. Im curious as to what the Cubs gave to Miles. After BB's thread the other night said we werent offering enough years and money. Heyyyyy sounds like the same deal we are going through with our star rightfielder!!!

What's your support for the bolded statement? Not telling, just asking.

Well the Phillies had 6 of their 8 starting position players and 3 out of their 5 starting pitchers in that category, so out of the important players, most were home grown. After that, just two relievers. So they barely miss out on getting to 12 because their bench oddly enough doesn't have any homegrown guys and their pen has less than normal. However, the main reason they won was due to home grown players(Utley, Howard, Rollins, Burrell, Hamels, Myers, Victorino).

Victorino was not home grown and only 2 home grown pitchers started a playoff game.

What's your support for the bolded statement? Not telling, just asking.

1. The Markakis extension should have been wrapped up last summer.

2. We should have made some trades at the deadline but opted not to.

3. We allowed our early success of the season blur our vision.

4. Bradford doesnt get dealt for nothing.

5. Making Roberts out to be a bad guy.

No I would not.

We don't need Garko, he is an average 1st baseman. We have Huff, he is better. Stick Scott at Dh and Reimold LF.

We seem to be so intent on making moves to keep Reimold off the team, I'm starting to think he slept with McPhail's wife or something.

You are thinking 2009 only. Huff won't be here in 2010 unless we extend him to a bad contract or he accepts arbitration.

Garko would be under Orioles control for 4 more years.

Garko is also better a better alternative than counting on Snyder or Rowell...

He's not my first choice obviously, but he's better than stopgaps/washouts for the next 4 years...

Would you trade Hayden Penn for Ryan Garko right now???
Of course not. Hayden Penn could still be a future mainstay of our rotation. Garko is a mediocre 1B that we don't need this season. If we need the likes of him next season it will be easy enough to find it then.

You are thinking 2009 only. Huff won't be here in 2010 unless we extend him to a bad contract or he accepts arbitration.

Garko would be under Orioles control for 4 more years.

Garko is also better a better alternative than counting on Snyder or Rowell...

He's not my first choice obviously, but he's better than stopgaps/washouts for the next 4 years...

I didn't realize he was under control for 4 more seasons.

1. The Markakis extension should have been wrapped up last summer.

Markakis' side has been dragging their heels as well.

2. We should have made some trades at the deadline but opted not to.

We weren't getting the value we wanted for Sherrill.

3. We allowed our early success of the season blur our vision.

How so?

4. Bradford doesnt get dealt for nothing.

Salary dump...happens all the time

5. Making Roberts out to be a bad guy.

How so?

Archived