I don’t know how we won that game

Frobby

Great job by the bullpen tonight to throw 5 scoreless innings.  It felt like Boston had baserunners every inning and our hitting was largely inept.   But Bello lost command as he got tired and Ort was wild too.  Credit to several of our hitters for letting Bello and Ort beat themselves.  

• Upvote 3

I was pretty much convinced it wasn't our night when Bello was striking out every other Oriole and only having to throw ~10 pitches per inning, and then finally Mullins hit a ball thats a double like 95% of the time and Verdugo proceeded to play it perfectly off the wall and gunned him out at second. His sudden loss of command in the 5th when he walked two straight batters on 8 pitches, despite having thrown maybe 50 pitches by that point was quite unexpected.    Got out of the inning but then could not recover in the 6th, and one big inning and perfect bullpen was all we needed.

For the first time all season, I turned off the game in the top of 5. I needed a break. Our batters, except for Mullins, seemed to have no shot against Bello. Tired of our offense making every pitcher look like Nolan Ryan every night. They looked lifeless and I’ve seen enough of that lately. They grinded out a tough win. Hat tip to Gunnar and the pen. 

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

For the first time all season, I turned off the game in the top of 5. I needed a break. Our batters, except for Mullins, seemed to have no shot against Bello. Tired of our offense making every pitcher look like Nolan Ryan every night. They looked lifeless and I’ve seen enough of that lately. They grinded out a tough win. Hat tip to Gunnar and the pen. 

Same here -- had family plans so DVRed it. Begrudgingly decided to check it out when we got home and was shocked they came back. Big hit by Gunnar for sure but BOS BP basically gifted us that game w/ all the walks. Offense still stinks and it's gonna be a tall order against Wacha today. Hopefully Lyles can keep it close and we get into their BP again. I assume Hyde will hold Chirinios until LH Hill tomorrow so hopefully we have a line up similar to yesterday w mostly LHers.

• Like 1