Sports Illustrated's Top 50 FA Predictions (predicts Correa, Stripling, and Wacha to O's)

Yardball85

I will be very disappointed if that is what we end up with at the start of camp.  Two bottom of the rotation starters and a player at arguably deepest position in the organization.   We need one guy at the top of the rotation and one big bat in the lineup at corner outfield or DH/1st.  Toss in a serviceable back up catcher and a lefty in the pen and we should be ready to go into next season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Correa seems to be a lazy response to us apparently having interest from last year.  A lot can change in a year and with Mateo emerging as at least serviceable at short, Gunnar looking like a future superstar and the selection of Holliday it makes even less sense.  

Yeah, I write for FanSided now (birdswatcher) and I feel like I could have also put this article together with little to no research (and predicted Correa to the O's based on last year's "pursuit."

I like the Stripling idea, I could see him being an interesting analytics-driven signing. I also kinda like the idea of signing Zach Eflin instead of Wacca. Also wouldn't mind seeing if Clevinger would sign.  I think these are the type of tier pitchers Elias tries to sign in free agency. I can see him giving them one or two year deals with larger annual salaries. I think he also gets a better pitcher through trade.

If he signs Correa, Henderson starts at 3rd and Urias and Mateo would be the 2B options. I think Elias would try to trade one (or both if he thinks Westburg/Ortiz/Norby is ready) at that point. Correa might only be at SS for a couple seasons before Henderson or Ortiz shifts back there and he moves to 3B.

If they don't spend the money on Correa, I would like to see them go after Rodon along with a Josh Bell or Rizzo; maybe see if you can move Mountcastle afterwards

MLB Trade Rumors also released their top 50 FA's with predictions.  Of the 4 panelists, the O's got votes of signing, Jameson Taillon, Taijaun Walker, Sean Manaea, and JD Martinez.

2 panelists thought the O's would sign Taillon - and this feels a lot more reasonable on where the O's will shop, even though I hope they at least entertain the prospect of going for a Verlander, deGrom, Rodon, or even Senga.

11 minutes ago, nvpacchi said:

MLB Trade Rumors also released their top 50 FA's with predictions.  Of the 4 panelists, the O's got votes of signing, Jameson Taillon, Taijaun Walker, Sean Manaea, and JD Martinez.

2 panelists thought the O's would sign Taillon - and this feels a lot more reasonable on where the O's will shop, even though I hope they at least entertain the prospect of going for a Verlander, deGrom, Rodon, or even Senga.

Just read that.  That would be supremely disappointing, to say the least.