Os announce time changes for some games

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, CynBeth said:

I hope they go back to opening the gates 2 hours before first pitch or at least an hour and a half. 

Yes, the fact that fans can't view batting practice any more is a huge bummer. They made the change for "Covid reasons," but there's no excuse for it any more.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Sheesh. Once again, I do not mean any offense Tony, and this was in no way a personal shot at you. "Skepticism" was I guess not the best choice of noun here. My apologies. And I am not suggesting you weren't aware of his age or upside. Of course not. Nor am I trying to take any credit for pointing out his age. I never said that and I'm not sure how you're taking that from what I wrote.  Just a side note: I feel like I've been getting a lot of downvotes from you lately, and I even tried really hard to explain that I was in the wrong with the Basallo post I referenced, and was right to get a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure where I went wrong of late, but I hope I can get out of the doghouse at some point. I feel like my posts are being written one way and read another way that I'm not intending, so maybe I need to evaluate how I'm wording things. 
    • Thanks for the kudos, all! Last year, at A+, Basallo slugged .688 w/ an OPS of 1.131. At the age of 18.  That OPS put him 5th overall (minimum 50 PA). The names ahead of him (in parenthesis are prospect rankings for 2024): Xavier Isaac (#43 prospect overall) - 19 years old Aaron Palensky - 24 years old Jonathan Clase - 21 years old Agustin Ramirez - 21 years old That's it. Behind him were names like: Drew Gilbert (#39), Wyatt Langford (#6 before season started, 21 y/o), Junior Caminero (#2), Colson Montgomery (#9), Matt Shaw (#40), James Wood (#3), Jett Williams (#31)...I can keep going.  https://milbtracker.com/hitter-stats?levels[0]=A%2B&sort=ops&sort_direction=desc&org=&timeframe=2023&min_walk_percentage=0&max_strike_out_percentage=100&paginate=612
    • I'll be honest, he's surprised me a bit with his defense and speed this year. His spring speed is 67th percentile and better yet, he's looked pretty decent, if not a little awkward, even while playing giant left field in Camden yards. Now, saying that, his reaction times have been quite poor (-2.9 ft/sec) and his burst is not great (-1.1 ft) but his routes have been pretty good and he's still getting used to MLB stadiums with upper decks. Heck, he even maxed at a 96.1 MH throw which is more arm strength then I've seen before.  So I have to give him some credit for doing some things this offseason to better his defensive abilities. Even Colton Cowser, who is is 9 OAA this year in the outfield and covers 34.8 ft/sec (1.3 ft better than average) was 1-.2 last year so sometimes it takes a bit.  Is Kjerstad better suited for RF than LF in Camden Yards, sure, but his defense has actually been ok out there. He's playable and should get better.  
    • Not interested in any of those guys. Tallion is no better than Irvin or Suarez
    • Kremer hasn't been very good at Norfolk. How much longer can he stay there? Maybe we make two trips through the rotation until the All Star break. I also wonder if Burnes makes the AL squad, and he almost certainly will, does that mean he has to skip that last Sunday start?
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now