Insiders

Brion McClanahan

Not truly inside info as its not coming from anyone near or in the warehouse, but I know a family that knows Connor Norby well; they told me that Norby said he thinks he's going to be traded this offseason. I mentioned this a few weeks back in another thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Belkast updates on the Orioles interest in Nomar Garciaparra as a potential option at first base back in 06? 07? But he had to change diapers first.

Or a Bedard and Tejada deal to the Dodgers for Kemp, LaRoche, Elbert, Hu. Gooooood times. 

Bedard Trade Madness was incredible. I was in Spain that off-season and was spending all my euros on internet cafe credits to see what was(n't) going on. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Bedard Trade Madness was incredible. I was in Spain that off-season and was spending all my euros on internet cafe credits to see what was(n't) going on. 

What a time to be alive! I remember it interfering with my ability to study for finals.  Reviewing rumors was fun back in the day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CharmCityHokie said:

And of course, Andy MacPhail dragged the negotiations all the way into February.  We were on tenterhooks for more than three months waiting for him to pull the trigger on a deal!   

• Upvote 1

insider info was always fun.  It was like days of our baseball team.  Just grab some popcorn.

I imagine that anyone that's unable to take it with a grain of salt, or anyone that forgets that it's baseball, not global catastrophe or world war, might have more trouble enjoying the ride, so to speak.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

And Jones leaked all over everything.

In typical Jones fashion, even though we didn't know it at the time.   I miss that guy.  I hope the Orioles are able to embrace him as the ambassador for the franchise that he should be.  

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hallas said:

insider info was always fun.  It was like days of our baseball team.  Just grab some popcorn.

I imagine that anyone that's unable to take it with a grain of salt, or anyone that forgets that it's baseball, not global catastrophe or world war, might have more trouble enjoying the ride, so to speak.

I remember posts where “ The announcement could come any moment” and posting late into the night while waiting😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Not truly inside info as its not coming from anyone near or in the warehouse, but I know a family that knows Connor Norby well; they told me that Norby said he thinks he's going to be traded this offseason. I mentioned this a few weeks back in another thread.

I had a similar connection in that my uncle and Texeira’s father/grandfather (don’t remember which) went to school together at Mt St Joe. My uncle told me early on not to get my hopes up on him signing here and that he wasn’t an Oriole fan growing up. His father/grandfather didn’t specify a team that he was looking at when they spoke.

I didn’t pay attention to him but he wound up being right. I know it bummed my uncle as he was also an O’s fans.

BTW, I never mentioned it here because it would’ve been unpopular as you might imagine.

• Like 1