Top Young Talent in the AL East

WietersCorner

I came across an article trying to rank the best under age 25 talent in the AL East. They had Adley ranked #2 - "After languishing for several years in the American League East basement, it is great to finally see the Orioles making some noise. And that all starts with 24 year-old catching sensation, Adley Rustchman." It appears the article thinks the Blue Jays and Orioles are going to be battling it out over the next 2-5 years. What does everyone else think? Are there any future superstars on other teams that we should be worried about?

https://birdswatcher.com/2022/12/11/baltimore-orioles-american-league-east/

Edited by WietersCorner

It’s a pretty good list.  No. 10 is Anthony Volpe, a Yankees SS prospect.  I saw him play against Bowie this year and didn’t really see what all the fuss was about.   But, it was just one game, and I know he’s highly regarded in most circles.  Maybe a product of the Yankees hype machine, though.  Put it this way, I’d rather have Jackson Holliday.  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Vladdy and Bichette are under team control thru 2025. That should help down the road.  

Yeah, Toronto is pretty loaded with young talent.  If/when they trade Kirk, Moreno is right there waiting to take over.  Will be interesting to see if/when Toronto tries to extend Vlad and Bichette. 

6 hours ago, WietersCorner said:

I came across an article trying to rank the best under age 25 talent in the AL East. They had Adley ranked #2 - "After languishing for several years in the American League East basement, it is great to finally see the Orioles making some noise. And that all starts with 24 year-old catching sensation, Adley Rustchman." It appears the article thinks the Blue Jays and Orioles are going to be battling it out over the next 2-5 years. What does everyone else think? Are there any future superstars on other teams that we should be worried about?

https://birdswatcher.com/2022/12/11/baltimore-orioles-american-league-east/

Very interesting article, thanks for sharing.  Amusing how there are no Red Sox, but I guess considering the state of their system, it makes sense.  Interesting that Devers is 26, probably just missed the cut.