Contenders Rotations

eddie83

18 hours ago, tabletop said:

That’s true. Peter was incompetent but at least spent some money to try and win. John is only interested in maximizing profits.

In fairness to John, the O's seem to be his primary source of income.  I'm sure some would like him to live on 100k/year, but as an about to be billionaire (or very close after taxes), I think he wants a much higher income.  When Peter was in charge, he know doubt got profits from the O's, but his main source of income was his law firm.

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

In fairness to John, the O's seem to be his primary source of income.  I'm sure some would like him to live on 100k/year, but as an about to be billionaire (or very close after taxes), I think he wants a much higher income.  When Peter was in charge, he know doubt got profits from the O's, but his main source of income was his law firm.

I think there is a pretty big spread between 100K and what he pulls out of the team/MASN on a yearly basis.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think there is a pretty big spread between 100K and what he pulls out of the team/MASN on a yearly basis.

Yeah obviously it was hyperbole.  I wonder if $20 million is on the low side of what John is planning on pulling from the O's every year.  Meanwhile the O's competing owners are putting money into the team when they have a chance to make the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah obviously it was hyperbole.  I wonder if $20 million is on the low side of what John is planning on pulling from the O's every year.  Meanwhile the O's competing owners are putting money into the team when they have a chance to make the playoffs.

They do have other investors that get a cut.  Who knows how much his mom might need?

23 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If this is true, MLB never should approve him as owner