Poll: Do you like the Adam Frazier signing?

Tony-OH

Do you like the Frazier signing?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think signing Frazier to a 1 yr/ $8 million contract was good or not?

• Yes, It was good
    • No, it was not good

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

What tangible evidence is there that the Orioles have playoff aspirations for next year? I have seen absolutely nothing so far this offseason to suggest that this is the case.

Ok. What do you think Elias aspirations are for 2023?

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If it’s apples to oranges why are so many using 2022 moves as evidence to criticize this move? I’m not the one who brought those subjects up, everyone else did. 

Frazier is one player. One. Not 5, 1.  

Huh?  

You don’t know why people would mention the usage of Odor as a reason they don’t like this move?  You can’t figure that out?

1 minute ago, Orioles0615 said:

No Westburg should be the opening day 2B. Fraizer will block him and Wetburg will be in AAA until mid June. 

I look forward to when the young SS are called up and Hyde still has Frazier in the lineup every day

What about Urias?  GG winner is doing what?

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Do you know Frazier is "ready to hit ML pitching" after last season stats, bottom barrel EVs, turning 31, and a big drop in speed?  

What makes you think Frazier will rebound to .750ish OPS when he hasn't been good in over .800 PAs?

I get hope, but I just don't understand why people think he will rebound without some metrics or stats. The only thing you have is hope.

It's just my opinion and view on the poll Tony. That's all. Either choice is a risk. 

And I suppose the boomerang question on the topic of "hope"... What makes you think Ortiz/Westburg will not fall flat? Isn't there a healthy amount of hope there too? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I have disagreed with him..several times.  He keeps saying the same thing over and over. He has nothing to back it up. They are fantasyland concepts. Nothing real. At some point, merely disagreeing doesn’t work.

And btw, I think it’s funny you are trying to act in this manner. You are a disrespectful awful person to converse with on almost every level. Your opinion on how someone talks to someone else is as welcomed as a kidney stone.

Enjoy your next kidney stone. Can’t wait to hear about it.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

It's just my opinion and view on the poll Tony. That's all. Either choice is a risk. 

And I suppose the boomerang question on the topic of "hope"... What makes you think Ortiz/Westburg will not fall flat? Isn't there a healthy amount of hope there too? 

There are statistical and scouting reasons why those guys shouldn’t fall flat.  What are the real reasons for Frazier?  Why do you think he can still do it? 

4 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

What tangible evidence is there that the Orioles have playoff aspirations for next year? I have seen absolutely nothing so far this offseason to suggest that this is the case.

The tangible evidence of playoff aspirations is that Elias has publicly declared that the the O's will compete for a playoff spot in 2023. Do I believe that the offseason moves help that happen? No... but that is a different question. 

3 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

I don't understand why a 2.4 WAR/yr player with 12.4 career WAR is being discussed as if he's Brandon Fahey. I understand the frustrations over whether he's the best use of 8M, but he is a good player and it's silly to pretend otherwise.

He’s had a solid career but it’s fair to ask if he’s still a good player.

2 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

I don't understand why a 2.4 WAR/yr player with 12.4 career WAR is being discussed as if he's Brandon Fahey. I understand the frustrations over whether he's the best use of 8M, but he is a good player and it's silly to pretend otherwise.

Hasn't been good in 1.5 years, poor batted ball metrics, rapidly declining speed, etc.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

The tangible evidence of playoff aspirations is that Elias has publicly declared that the the O's will compete for a playoff spot in 2023. Do I believe that the offseason moves help that happen? No... but that is a different question. 

Actions speak louder than words and replacing Lyles and Odor with older, more expensive versions of Lyles and Odor doesn't exactly scream "our objective is a playoff spot."

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

He’s had a solid career but it’s fair to ask if he’s still a good player.

I think it's also fair to say it's possible he reverts to his track record as a MLer.

And I voted no!

But there should be room for that argument. I also think if we trade one infielder, he's not really blocking anyone. I think at the end of the season, we'll look up and someone like Westburg or Vavra will have 200-300 ABs. So I just don't feel like it's worth gnashing any teeth about at this point just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There are statistical and scouting reasons why those guys shouldn’t fall flat.  What are the real reasons for Frazier?  Why do you think he can still do it? 

Like I said... both options entail risk. I would bet there are plenty of examples of rookies who had solid statistics and glowing scouting reports getting promoted, falling flat, and  going back to AAA to work on things to be more ready for the next call up. 

Another thought exercise... Which has more credibility... Frazier's 2022 season or Ortiz's 3 hot months in 2022? 

16 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Ortiz/Westburg are on the upswing of their career.  Yeah, there's some amount of hope involved, this is true.  Frazier has probably already peaked.  

If it were me, I'd ride with Oritz/Westburg and 8 million in my pocket or spent elsewhere in a real area of need.

9 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Actions speak louder than words and replacing Lyles and Odor with older, more expensive versions of Lyles and Odor doesn't exactly scream "our objective is a playoff spot."

You asked for tangible evidence, I noted that Elias actually said the O's were competing for a playoff spot. Potato, Potahto.