Content hire..Cal Perry

Sports Guy

59 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

If Angelos is still lucid this guy will be getting fired shortly.

I don't think you or he has to worry about that.   Actually, it would be more embarrassing to fire the guy at this point so I think he's safe.

The only way to save face is for them to say "no big deal" and move forward.   It is pretty funny though.   Firing the guy admits that they knew nothing about it and they are holding him accountable for being a "fan" 12 years ago.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Big Box retail stores are checking social media these days.  How the heck do the Orioles skip that step?  It's a part of the background check.

This isn't some "Boomer" front office.  These guys 100% should know better.  They should be smarter than this.

You act like this is a big deal.  LOL

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You act like this is a big deal.  LOL

This isn't a big deal.

The idea that they aren't properly vetting potential employees is a big deal.

It not only shows a poor process but it could do actual harm to the brand if they hire someone who has said actually offensive things and not just angry fan things.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This isn't a big deal.

It not only shows a poor process but it could do actual harm to the brand if they hire someone who has said actually offensive things and not just angry fan things.

Not offensive things!!!  Oh no!  The dude worked in corporate media for a couple of decades.  I'm sure his O's tweets were by far the most controversial thing on his twitter.

So it's not a big deal but it is a big deal?  That makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This isn't a big deal.

Are we sure they didn't properly vet the employee, and decided that his posts actually showed a much needed passion for the team?

(I'm not saying that's wise or true, just asking)

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Not offensive things!!!  Oh no!  The dude worked in corporate media for a couple of decades.  I'm sure his O's tweets were by far the most controversial thing on his twitter.

I thought I used pretty simple terms to explain myself.

What he said isn't a big deal.

It is a big deal if they are not properly vetting hires.

Now you can go all boomer on me if you want but if they were to hire someone that had made sexist, homophobic, racist ect comments it would be a much bigger deal than this is.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'll be honest, I really don't care who the Orioles propagandist is going to be. 

Saying that, I could care less what someone texted 12 years ago, particularly a fan type comment. I do though have an issue with the new propagandist who when realizes he stepped in it, his first reaction was to lie. Then, to cover up his lie, he lied again saying the "hack was about something else".

In my mind, that shows a lack of character, but maybe that's a good thing for a propagandist? 

Overall, who really cares, but I agree with those who suggest it shows a lack of process on a hiring that they felt was big enough to make a press release for.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Are we sure they didn't properly vet the employee, and decided that his posts actually showed a much needed passion for the team?

Why did he feel a need to lie about a hack to try and cover it up then? 

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

If they did they should have been on top of this from the start.  Which would have been great and a good look for them.  That doesn't seem to have happened.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I thought I used pretty simple terms to explain myself.

What he said isn't a big deal.

It is a big deal if they are not properly vetting hires.

Now you can go all boomer on me if you want but if they were to hire someone that had made sexist, homophobic, racist ect comments it would be a much bigger deal than this is.

You know, for being super tolerant, you keep slandering an  entire generation of people for not being as enlightened as you.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'll be honest, I really don't care who the Orioles propagandist is going to be. 

Saying that, I could care less what someone texted 12 years ago, particularly a fan type comment. I do though have an issue with the new propagandist who when realizes he stepped in it, his first reaction was to lie. Then, to cover up his lie, he lied again saying the "hack was about something else".

In my mind, that shows a lack of character, but maybe that's a good thing for a propagandist? 

Overall, who really cares, but I agree with those who suggest it shows a lack of process on a hiring that they felt was big enough to make a press release for.

I mean you make the excellent point: I personally want my propagandists to be as morally-reprehesible as possible.  That's what makes them good propagandists.

And considering this guy has worked in corporate media for a couple decades, he must be a real piece of human garbage.

He's perfect!

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why did he feel a need to lie about a hack to try and cover it up then? 

I'll admit, it doesn't look good. But we don't have access to the internal dialogue in the warehouse. 

If I was in charge (and I'm not), I'd probably cut bait.