Ramon Urias will play 3B half the time

wildcard

13 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Frazier against a tough LHP feels like an automatic out, though I get that the point was to show Henderson getting a blow now and then against tough LHP.  Which is fine with me .

It's like they should have at least added an IF who mashes lefties since that looks like it will be a continuing weakness of this team.

None of the Urias/Mateo/Frazier R/L splits are really wide.  I hope there's some pitcher 'type' splits that work in our favor with these guys (something like Mateo for the sinker ballers, Urias for the curveball pitchers). 

I believe they paid Frazier with the idea of him getting more than the R/L split too.

Urias' home/away splits are pretty wide (more so than Mateo's).  So, I can see him sitting more at OPACY breaking the R/L mold.  I'm sure he's not the only RHH that has this issue too.

Does Vavra get any more cracks (short of a few injuries) at 2B?  Or is his shot their done and he's a 5th OF, back-up 1B, and PH/DH?   

53 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

None of the Urias/Mateo/Frazier R/L splits are really wide.  I hope there's some pitcher 'type' splits that work in our favor with these guys (something like Mateo for the sinker ballers, Urias for the curveball pitchers). 

I believe they paid Frazier with the idea of him getting more than the R/L split too.

Urias' home/away splits are pretty wide (more so than Mateo's).  So, I can see him sitting more at OPACY breaking the R/L mold.  I'm sure he's not the only RHH that has this issue too.

Does Vavra get any more cracks (short of a few injuries) at 2B?  Or is his shot their done and he's a 5th OF, back-up 1B, and PH/DH?   

I would expect Vavra to play very little 2B this year, unless there are multiple injuries to infielders. 

I'm expecting to see him at DH and the OF mostly. For roster construction, he's probably your fifth outfielder.  Last position player on the 26-man.