Grayson Rodriguez 2023

Just Regular

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Elias tried to sign starting pitching to multi year deals. 

Elias did sign a starter in the offseason.  He did sign a reliever.

So yea, that’s wrong too.

So limited to one year contracts.   I doubt Elias feels the O's need that if Means comes back strong.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

I hate to continue to derail the GRod thread with 2024 rotation talk but since you all started it....

Means is going to be in the final year of his deal next year (someone correct me if I am wrong).  Is Elias just going to let him pitch out his final year? Doesn't sound very Elias like.  So what is more likely, signing him to an extension or trading him? I think if Means looks pretty good when he comes back he is going to be trade bait this winter.  I would like to extend him if he is back to himself but I just don't know if it will happen. 

Since Means will pitch about a month of the regular season plus the playoffs I think he will sign a one year contract with a one year option.   I think Elias will do that.

Edited by wildcard

AL Active Roster Last 30 Days Stuff+ kind of fun to look at:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=al&qual=y&type=36&season=2023&month=3&season1=2023&ind=0&team=0&rost=1&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2023-01-01&enddate=2023-12-31&sort=13,d

We'll see if the Next 45-75 look anything like the Last 30.

The Bradish breakout is I think flying under the radar some compared to other happenings in the org.

• Upvote 2

On 8/8/2023 at 11:23 AM, Baltimorecuse said:

Several weeks ago, I said GR had psychological issues and, of course, was immediately flamed.  That last game, before he was sent down, he threw a temper tantrum on the mound.  Ben MacDonald was going over GR's issues and explicitly said he's too emotional.  Thanks for the confirm, Ben.

Since he's comeback he's like a new person.  Hyde is protecting him like a mother hen.  If GR can keep his head together, he's got more stuff than any other O's starter.  

Amazing how his mechanics and “psychological issues” were both resolved at the same time.   

I think going 7 innings last night was huge for Grayson.  Even recently, he’s sometimes had a pretty precipitous loss of command as he pushed to try to complete 6 innings.  Now he’s proven to himself he can get through 7.   His greater ability to maintain his velocity in the later innings has been obvious since he returned from Norfolk, and now he’s learning how to navigate that third time through the lineup and the other things a pitcher has to do to get deep into games.  Here’s hoping it’s “liftoff from here,” baby!   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

AL Active Roster Last 30 Days Stuff+ kind of fun to look at:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=al&qual=y&type=36&season=2023&month=3&season1=2023&ind=0&team=0&rost=1&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2023-01-01&enddate=2023-12-31&sort=13,d

We'll see if the Next 45-75 look anything like the Last 30.

The Bradish breakout is I think flying under the radar some compared to other happenings in the org.

The Athletic did an article on the biggest sleepers for each contender. Bradish was ours. He's a stud and I am very confident when he's on the mound.

4 hours ago, higgybaby said:

I want a lefty off of that list. 

Me too. I dream about a rotation with both Grason and DL Hall dominating because thoe two are extremely good friends and DL Hall has been grinding for the past few seasons trying to get better. 

Having at least two very good lefties in the rotation would be ideal. It forces the opponent to switch up their lineup and makes them prove they are more than one dimensional.

I can see the high potential of Grayson Rodriguez becoming the Ace of the rotation in the future.  He's practically already doing it in his rookie season dueling with Baseball's best Ace pitchers in each of his starts, and the Orioles are winning with him on the mound getting it done for the team. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I think going 7 innings last night was huge for Grayson.  Even recently, he’s sometimes had a pretty precipitous loss of command as he pushed to try to complete 6 innings.  Now he’s proven to himself he can get through 7.   His greater ability to maintain his velocity in the later innings has been obvious since he returned from Norfolk, and now he’s learning how to navigate that third time through the lineup and the other things a pitcher has to do to get deep into games.  Here’s hoping it’s “liftoff from here,” baby!   

I was cursing the Padres announcers who were marveling at how hard he was still throwing in the 7th inning and then said he still hasn't had TJ surgery yet, and guys with that velo will need it.