Thoughts from spring training games I attended

Frobby

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

Grayson seems to have a bad habit of cruising for a few innings and then imploding. Possibly a byproduct of always being yanked after 4-5 IP. 

Red Sox split squad and they  had zero regulars and not sure  any will be on their Opening Day roster  Grayson was fine and dominated for three innings. Three more starts ,looks like before the season starts. Lined up as the fifth starter 

Edited by Going Underground
  • Upvote 1

Grayson should have cruised through the Sox line up today, and through 3 he did. Not complaining, he got more work in. By contrast Voth yesterday faced a much more difficult task with the Jays line up. Too many BB and not helped by error by Gunnar. I'm not really trying to compare the two, one is supposed to be a potential ace, the other a #5. Trying to size up which had a better performance considering their supposed roles this year.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

No, I’m off doing other stuff today.  I may try to get to one more game before I leave on Friday, but I’m not sure I’ll have time.  

How has the attendance been at the games you've gone to? I haven't been able to see any of the televised games so I'm always curious about how the crowds are.

Thanks for all the reports, really awesome stuff to read!

16 hours ago, CharmCityHokie said:

How has the attendance been at the games you've gone to? I haven't been able to see any of the televised games so I'm always curious about how the crowds are.

Thanks for all the reports, really awesome stuff to read!

The games I attended were 7,414 (in Clearwater), 6,897 and 6,959.   Both BayCare Ballpark and Ed Smith have an 8,500 capacity.   I heard from my brother-in-law that the earlier spring crowds at the two games he attended at Ed Smith were much smaller.   

• Upvote 2