Cowser and Kjerstad

cheecks

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wow those numbers against lefties are not good. 

His numbers against LHP in Aberdeen were putrid.   Not quite as bad in Bowie and Norfolk.    I don't think it's a long-term issue.   He likes to go to LF and usually guys who hang in there long enough to that can handle LHP.     It's a matter of experience and reps but I would bet on him being ok in that regard.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/colton-cowser-681297?stats=splits-r-hitting-milb&season=2022

Edited by RZNJ

From Roch:

The Oriole reassigned outfielders Heston Kjerstad and Colton Cowser to their minor league camp after yesterday’s 2-1 loss in Dunedin. It was time to ramp up their preparation for the season.

“I just told them how impressive they were and how they both have huge ability,” Hyde said. “I thought they handled themselves so well in major league camp, both their first major league camps. Had a ton of production, really good at-bats by both guys. I’m happy with how they played defense, also. I thought they really improved defensively.

“I thought they had great experiences and we have high hopes for those guys. Two really quality people and I thought they handled themselves incredibly well this camp.”