Appears Grayson pitched his way to AAA to start the year

Tony-OH

11 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Man if he busts we are screwed, and its more of we can't develop pitching, especially since they obviously wont spend money on pitching 

Busts?  Come on. There has never been a player that hasn’t had adversity and had to figure things out. 

People need to stop freaking out over this. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

When you activated MLB.tv, you should have received an email with a link to ativate your MiLB.tv subscription. It's hard to see if you don't read the whole email.

For the world of me, I don't recall seeing an email (can you tell me who sent it?).  I checked the FAQs regarding MiLB.tv and linking it via MLB.tv and saw the following:

Q. I'm trying to watch Minor League games after purchasing an MLB.TV or At Bat subscription, but I can't login or am unable to watch games.

A. You should have received an activation link in an email when you purchased the MLB subscription. Please click the link in that email, and it will first prompt you to create an account for MiLB.com and then automatically grant you access so you can start watching games. If you're unable to locate the email or are having problems, please contact our customer service team or call 866-244-2291, and they can help set you up. (For international callers, please use 315-203-6761.)

55 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s not hurt 

I'd almost feel better if his sudden loss of command was due to an injury. Instead it's a now a mystery and anybody's guess when/if he'll figure it out. Looks like a guy who throws hard right now and that's about it.

I think Grayson started to look much better after he got settled in late in his pitch count. But by that time, his pitch count was already too high so it was time to make a switch. Early on he had some things to figure out, but I think he battled through them, especially for having to deal with the rain and wet baseball conditions. Throwing a wet baseball isn't the best of circumstances to make your season debut. I think he battled through it.

Where my concerns are, is that he seems to get into a robotic routine with his set-delivery and hitters gain a 6th sense on when the ball is being delivered. I also wish I could see some more lateral movement on his breaking pitches and more of a mix. I'm hoping his great command will return in drier conditions and better weather. But this is just the 1st start and the team got the win, so it's something to be satisfied about and build off of.

Edited by Billy F-Face3
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, 86this said:

For the world of me, I don't recall seeing an email (can you tell me who sent it?).  I checked the FAQs regarding MiLB.tv and linking it via MLB.tv and saw the following:

Q. I'm trying to watch Minor League games after purchasing an MLB.TV or At Bat subscription, but I can't login or am unable to watch games.

A. You should have received an activation link in an email when you purchased the MLB subscription. Please click the link in that email, and it will first prompt you to create an account for MiLB.com and then automatically grant you access so you can start watching games. If you're unable to locate the email or are having problems, please contact our customer service team or call 866-244-2291, and they can help set you up. (For international callers, please use 315-203-6761.)

The email that had the link for me came from MLB Subscriptions and the subject was Your MLB.TV Subscription.

There's a section in the email titled Included for 2023: Minor League Baseball.

For 2023, we’re bringing you more live baseball than ever before, with access to Minor League Baseball (MiLB) included as part of your MLB.TV subscription. MLB.TV subscribers can watch more than 7,000 streamed games for affiliates of all 30 MLB Clubs, including all 60 Triple-A and Double-A Clubs, plus home games from more than 40 additional Clubs and select postseason games through the First Pitch app along with select games from your favorite team’s affiliates in the MLB apps (check device availability here). To access MiLB games on the First Pitch app, click here. You will need to create a MiLB username and password in-order to watch on the First Pitch app. Watch on iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod touch® (iOS 14.0 or higher) or select Android devices (8.0 or higher). Click here to see a full list of supported devices.

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'd almost feel better if his sudden loss of command was due to an injury. Instead it's a now a mystery and anybody's guess when/if he'll figure it out. Looks like a guy who throws hard right now and that's about it.

It’s not a mystery. It’s not like he was going to be the first player ever to never have adversity. Again, people need to calm down with this. It will get  figured out.

23 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

The email that had the link for me came from MLB Subscriptions and the subject was Your MLB.TV Subscription.

There's a section in the email titled Included for 2023: Minor League Baseball.

For 2023, we’re bringing you more live baseball than ever before, with access to Minor League Baseball (MiLB) included as part of your MLB.TV subscription. MLB.TV subscribers can watch more than 7,000 streamed games for affiliates of all 30 MLB Clubs, including all 60 Triple-A and Double-A Clubs, plus home games from more than 40 additional Clubs and select postseason games through the First Pitch app along with select games from your favorite team’s affiliates in the MLB apps (check device availability here). To access MiLB games on the First Pitch app, click here. You will need to create a MiLB username and password in-order to watch on the First Pitch app. Watch on iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod touch® (iOS 14.0 or higher) or select Android devices (8.0 or higher). Click here to see a full list of supported devices.

Thanks.  I'm going to end up calling them.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s not a mystery. It’s not like he was going to be the first player ever to never have adversity. Again, people need to calm down with this. It will get  figured out.

More likely than not.   But I’ll continue to feel nervous until he does figure it out.  This is extremely important.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

More likely than not.   But I’ll continue to feel nervous until he does figure it out.  This is extremely important.  

Baseball can be cruel.  I think the adversity will make him stronger but nonetheless he has some stuff to figure out.  He doesn’t look confident and under control out there.  That is odd to me and something I haven't seen from him.  Something is eating at him (mentally or physically).  Hope he bounces back quickly.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Given the history of pitching prospects in this organization and the importance of the player to this organization, I don't blame anyone for being nervous honestly. 

What I'm concerned about is the team has been pretty good about fixing mechanical stuff relatively quickly and that this is now a pattern dating back to last year and all through spring training and now into the current season. That's a pretty large sample without improvement.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yeah and this is arguably the first adversity he’s experienced as a professional, outside of the injury last year.  

I’m not saying he’s a bust, I’m not saying we should be freaking out over this, but how he’ll handle this adversity will tell us a lot about him.  But you have to admit, this isn’t how anyone pictured the start to his season, he had a rotation spot waiting for him and he botched it.  Adversity is fine, but not rising to the occasion isn’t optimal. You may consider them the same thing, I consider them close cousins. 

So I think we all wanted to see how he’d handle is demotion and the results today are lackluster.  Again, not a reason to freak out yet, but this is easily the biggest disappointment of the early goings here. 

• Upvote 1