Coby Mayo 2023

RZNJ

Just now, Just Regular said:

I happened to be on Gameday during PA 5 just now, and though it ended in a strikeout, it went 10 pitches.

Looks like a 250/400/500 Day 1.    

Oh, and also with the treat of 100% Statcast...halfway through the night its...

Top Exit Velocity MPH
568.svg 60?circle=true Coby Mayo 111.6ib

Wonder if that was on the double or one of the outs?

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

We can NOT trade this guy for a rental for a post season drive.   We cant give him up.   

Rest easy that the people with the actual discretion to make these decisions grapple with the long-term consequences to the franchise/city more than the impulsive message board posters who think they're playing MLB The Show.

Even if there is a real-world price for someone like Mayo, I imagine it's so high that no one else would meet it. As it should be.

I'd be interested to keep tabs on the distances of all his home runs that were hit to his pull side, because that would tell us how much the left field wall in Oriole Park may or may not affect his power numbers. Having that information will give us a more accurate projection for playing in Camden Yards, and help with other decisions.

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He is trending untouchable.  I have to believe a guy like this that they got in later rounds because they saw something other teams didn't is the type of guy they are going to be more likely to try to keep.  

I wouldnt trade him for any late season rental.  No matter who it is.  I would only think of trading him for some player we could control for a while.